• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop Insurance

calibuilt

I am moving up in the world going from a home based business to a shop. But I am needing to get insurance. I talked with my insurance guy and everything is good until I tell him I want to be able to do wraps, and want that insured as well just in case anything goes wrong. He fiddled with it for a couple of days and doesn't seen to have a definite answer on getting me insured. So I was wondering what insurance companies do you guys go through and what type of policy would I need. Thanks

visual800

I have no idea what wraps have to do with anything and insrance BUT do yourself a favor and go here
http://www.businessinsurancenow.com/about-us/

they have me set up with Hartford Insurance and beat my local insurance price by half on liability and workers comp. for a few years I paid top dollar for nothing until I found this company out

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
More than likely you need to tell them you're not using a bunch of chemicals (screen printing, painting, etc) that adds another category to your quote.
However, they are going to basically add a "garage keepers" type of item to the quote if you are insuring peoples vehicles while they are in your care.

Hicalibersigns

You need a new insurance guy. Garagemen's insurance isn't unusual. We have it and if you are going to have vehicles in your shop you should too.

calibuilt

Yeah they guys said something about garage man insurance. He also first quoted me with Hartford insurance which was a good deal but then I asked about wrapping cars and that is where he said that Hartford wouldn't insure wrapping cars.

Trip59

Which part about wrapping cars would they not insure... and why wouldn't you have insurance even when running a shop from home? We operate on the same property as our residence (man it's nice not worrying about rent) and are insured through Hartford for the screen/apparel side as well as 'signs, storefronts, "vehicle graphics" and some other things that add categories. I do NOT have garager insurance or whatever the proper term is, as we do not have vehicles here, all work is done on-site, but we also don't do full wraps. I just told him 'vehicle graphics' and we were good. Carrying 2 million policy, which is what a few of our fleet accounts required.

calibuilt

I never thought of getting insurance when I was working from home plus the bank account wasn't where I would have liked. He said that when he put in the vehicle wrap under the policy they don't want to insure the business. But it should be the same as any policy for decals I mean we put them on cars it should insure that. I know he was going to insure the equipment I also told him to add extra for merchandise. And a million dollar bond.

midnightmadman

I have no idea what wraps have to do with anything and insrance BUT do yourself a favor and go here
http://www.businessinsurancenow.com/about-us/

they have me set up with Hartford Insurance and beat my local insurance price by half on liability and workers comp. for a few years I paid top dollar for nothing until I found this company out

Just doing a search for this same info myself yesterday and today, I was researching yesterday and found some quotes around 6,500 per year. I thought that was pretty darn high. Is that a normal number? I have a potential job in a mall and they require 2/4 million policy..

visual800

Just doing a search for this same info myself yesterday and today, I was researching yesterday and found some quotes around 6,500 per year. I thought that was pretty darn high. Is that a normal number? I have a potential job in a mall and they require 2/4 million policy..

what the hell!!!! NO that aint normal. The mall I do work in requires 1 million but I only pay about $1200 per year for liability and WC.

DigiPrinter

That's a high number to pay unless you're insuring way more than your digital print equipment.....I could maybe see if that if you were adding a couple of crane trucks and had a bunch of employees. I have a $2M umbrella policy, no workman's comp (solo outfit) and my payments are less than three digits per month, substantially less.

midnightmadman

That's a high number to pay unless you're insuring way more than your digital print equipment.....I could maybe see if that if you were adding a couple of crane trucks and had a bunch of employees. I have a $2M umbrella policy, no workman's comp (solo outfit) and my payments are less than three digits per month, substantially less.

This mall is a joke, this is what they require I or anyone else have to install anything inside.

Commercial General Liability: $2,000,000.00 (Each Occurrence)
To contain bodily injury, property damage, $4,000.000.00 (General Aggregate)
premises operations, and contractual liability.

Workers Compensation (statutory limits): $500,000.00
and Employer’s Liability Insurance with Or as required by the State of SC
occupational disease endorsement attached
with Employer’s Liability Insurance Limits.

Automobile Liability: $2,000,000.00 (Each Occurrence)
(Bodily injury and property damage for hired, $4,000.000.00 (General Aggregate)
owned and non-owned vehicles.

Property Damage: 100% Replacement Cost
(Installation floater; Waiver of $2,000,000.00 (Each Occurrence)
Subrogation required $4,000.000.00 (General Aggregate)