• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop logo...tear me apart please!

klemgraphics

I was really happy with my previous logo but as time went on it seemed a little too complicated to work well for some applications. I decided I wanted something simple, easy to read, and recognizeable, something I could brand.

Anyway, this is what I've got and I'm pretty pleased with it but thought I would post it up and see what the experts thought.

As always, don't hold back! Constructive criticizm is what makes us all better at what we do. I appreciate all of the suggestions and comments I can get.

Attachments

• newlogo.jpg
    newlogo.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 63

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I don't know if it's still accessible in the archives, but I posted a thread about a KS logo I had been perfecting for a year or so. Try searching for my threads I've started and see if you can find the KS logo. Look it over, and if it suits you and you'd like to incorporate it into your new look - I will give it to you as a gift. I will never be in the sign biz again where I'll need that logo - and it turned out too cool and contemporary to shelf it out of sight. If you can't find it, I have the final perfected iteration of it another computer here I can post up for you... after a few days of finding it. This one shows the KS logo with the accompanying text as a final layout. I can see your text plugged into it and working awesomely. Let me know what you wanna do.

klemgraphics

What applications are you thinking?
My previous logo which I can post up tomorrow when I am at the shop was a lot more complicated and you would have wanted to shoot me if I sent it to you for embroidery. How will something like this work with embroidery digitizing?

Arlo, I will do some digging and see if I can find your logo, I'm very interested to see it and much appreciate you letting me use it!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the set on the left and the set on the right would probably be interchanged depending on the application. Or maybe this is a bad idea?

artbot

bottom left, maybe bump the "& restyling" out and bolder a bit. possibly play with a blue spot shadow on the graphic within the box.

WildWestDesigns

My previous logo which I can post up tomorrow when I am at the shop was a lot more complicated and you would have wanted to shoot me if I sent it to you for embroidery. How will something like this work with embroidery digitizing?

The copy "& Restyling" is coming in at under .20"s. That's the bottom threshold for lettering in embroidery. I think it's coming in at .17" something like that. It is also a fairly thin choice of font style. In the embroidery version, it would need to be at .20" and be a micro font to ensure production quality. It's possible to get a custom digitized font that small, but it would take quite a bit of time, more so then a font coming in at .25 or above.

Now for the two on the left, the stylized "K" in the graphic are you thinking negative spare or are you thinking white thread for that?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If simply has to be one of these, bottom left. Change the green square with the diaper rash in it to blue and get rid of the 'Restyling'. No one on the planet besides yourself cares about restyling, whatever that might be.

If it doesn't have to be one of these, keep going. These all look like a logo for some local freight line or a paper company.

klemgraphics

The copy "& Restyling" is coming in at under .20"s. That's the bottom threshold for lettering in embroidery. I think it's coming in at .17" something like that. It is also a fairly thin choice of font style. In the embroidery version, it would need to be at .20" and be a micro font to ensure production quality. It's possible to get a custom digitized font that small, but it would take quite a bit of time, more so then a font coming in at .25 or above.

Now for the two on the left, the stylized "K" in the graphic are you thinking negative spare or are you thinking white thread for that?

Mostly for embroidery I would only use the "KLEM SIGNS & the "K". Haven't really thought about if it would be negative space or white thread, might depend on what color it would be going on.

klemgraphics

If simply has to be one of these, bottom left. Change the green square with the diaper rash in it to blue and get rid of the 'Restyling'. No one on the planet besides yourself cares about restyling, whatever that might be.

If it doesn't have to be one of these, keep going. These all look like a logo for some local freight line or a paper company.

We do a lot of automotive window film, accessories, stripes, etc. That's the reason for "restyling" maybe it is lost in translation though.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I agree with bob.

I vote for losing "RESTYLING". At first glance, I thought it was "FREESTYLING" but then realized it wasn't and had to read it again. Then I wondered (and am still wondering) what exactly "restyling" encompasses. I think the "RESTYLING" is too distracting.

WildWestDesigns

Mostly for embroidery I would only use the "KLEM SIGNS & the "K". Haven't really thought about if it would be negative space or white thread, might depend on what color it would be going on.

You should be good to go then. Some of the grunge effect could be lost with the stylized "K", but a little playing around with and maybe not. It would just depend. But the smaller strokes in the "K" would have to be tinkered a bit to see.

I would do either one on the top two for a logo crest, although, I do prefer then one on the top left out of those four.

Marlene

bottom left. try some other colors as blue & green is dated like burgundy and gray, teal and peach, cyan and reflex blue and so on. color combos that are trendy go out of style and when they do, it makes your logo look dated.