• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Owner

Mac34

As long as your current software isn't "limited", and works properly, than I honestly feel it isn't an emergency to go out and buy the latest software? There IS alot to be said about the latest software. It is more than likely more refined than what it replaced. Easier to use, more options, you name it. With all this comes the pricetag, and not everyone can afford it unfortunately. When I started out, I purchased a V.E. cutter, and a copy of V.E. Master software. I've since upgraded the cutter, but believe it or not still use the same software (and same version) that I did when I started! :) With the software being as old as it is, I've got keyspans, software dongles, and all kinds of other things I had to do to get the software to work with my more modern Mac G4, BUT, the software STILL does everything that I need it to do. I've got a Versacamm and a newer copy of Flexi, yet where I've been with that software for so long now, I just keep goin' with the flow I guess? :)

"If it isn't holding you back, I would stay with what you've got for now at least"

Good luck! -Dave

N2Harpz

Thanks for the encouragement. You guys have given me lots of sound advice. I can't wait to get started.

I know how to paint.... now let's see how I do at making signs. Hopefully the two will work hand in hand.

masterdesigns

Welcome, learning software, regardless of what it is takes time, but the learning curve is high if you get into it and have fun with it. Best wishes.
Bob