• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop tool

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
After doing a few trailers where I had to remove rivets from them... and 3 flat tires later, I'm getting this.

steel-core-specialty-hand-tools-42604-64_1000.jpg

I write this as I am sitting waiting on new tires at a tire shop that I had to tow my truck to.:(

FatCat

Need to get one myself, we've got HVAC guys next door and I'm always finding bits of metal and screws in the parking lot...just waiting to find one in my tires...where did you get that unit?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Need to get one myself, we've got HVAC guys next door and I'm always finding bits of metal and screws in the parking lot...just waiting to find one in my tires...where did you get that unit?

I got one at Harbor Freight... was going to use it this weekend but it was raining... I paid for that delay!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Saw one of these many years ago. Nothing more than a cylinder magnet with 2 wheels screwed into the ends and a stirrup sort of bar with a handle welded on to it. Just won't pick up sharp aluminum things.

letterman7

^ Right. Rivets are usually aluminum. That won't help with trailer trash... but it's great for doing the parking area where your work trucks are parked to pick up stray nails and screws....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Dang... the rivets are whats been causing me problems.

I did pick up 5 rusty screws, 2 rusty nails, 1 rust xacto blade and a bunch of bolts and two really odd 3" long, 1/2" thick metal rods???

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are they actually rivets or are they screws that can be removed with a #2 robertson bit?

I've yet to run into a trailer that actually has rivets, usually only screws. Maybe our Canadian trailers are a little different though........

2B

That is a very handy tool,
we do welding and the number used rods on the ground are total destruction on tires

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Are they actually rivets or are they screws that can be removed with a #2 robertson bit?

I've yet to run into a trailer that actually has rivets, usually only screws. Maybe our Canadian trailers are a little different though........

Lol, #2 Robertson screws...

You know how long it took me to figure out that they were not star bits?? For years I thought I just didn't have the right T-Size bit... till I finally decided to Google and and waaahhlllaaa, its actually a SQUARE... DUUHHHHH

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yeah, that won't work great on rivets. You oughta look into the Ryobi 18v sweeper.