• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Sign Going Up!

StarSign

Time for our new sign

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't look now, but you're about to have a flag pole land on your head............

Should see at least your name from a distance. Not so much the rest of it. Nice job..... :thumb:

StarSign

The old sign had a star we felt it was very outdated, yeah most you can't read from too far away. We are in a weird spot so most on the highway can only see sign for 2 sec at 80mph

Edna

won), how is the material hooked two the sign, and too) did you make the pole and iff so what is the purpose of the "telescoping" just for looks or what?

StarSign

Edna we just used Velcro, we like to change the sign a lot and the pole is telescoping so the next time we can change the sign we can just lower it down and change it without a bucket truck.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
won), how is the material hooked two the sign, and too) did you make the pole and iff so what is the purpose of the "telescoping" just for looks or what?

Edna we just used Velcro, we like to change the sign a lot and the pole is telescoping so the next time we can change the sign we can just lower it down and change it without a bucket truck.

These both made me laugh...especially "won)"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you stand at the top and look down the telescoping pole you can see all the way to the center of the earth.

I was always told you can see China down there. Almost like the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey............. :rolleyes:

Craig Sjoquist

Ok fine .. so a white background against light blue or gray sky's, then copy from edge to edge all 4 sides, only dark panel is small copy on bottom. so kinda a fail for a billboard advertisement.

How to correct next time same ad.
The general layout is good, but a main dark panel against sky with white letters is contrast,
the copy next to main another color panel you can harmonize is good way,
then bottom panel white with black copy would read easy at break neck speeds.

One thing this billboard size is lacking greatly is air space around the copy & simple contrast

What do have is 3 good simple messages, contrast makes the difference during the day, you must see the sign area 1st then the main copy, 2nd copy, then 3rd at bottom.