• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New signs from Piccadilly

piccadillysigns

Hello,

We hope everyone is having a great spring!

Just a few new signs from our shop!
all 18lb HDU, Hand carved & hand Painted,

Attachments

• IMG_8358.jpg
    IMG_8358.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8356.jpg
    IMG_8356.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7957.jpg
    IMG_7957.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7884.jpg
    IMG_7884.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8205.jpg
    IMG_8205.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 94

mrchips

Nice work with a unique style.........can't get that in any other shop!

Good for you and thanks for sharing.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Great looking work.

couple questions for ya, if you dont mind?
you said you use HDU 18#.

I'm assuming you used layers to make each object?
What did you use to adhere the objects to the main board?

Thanks

piccadillysigns

Hello,
Thank you all for the great feedback, Always great to get positive & creative responses.

Hi Testtube,
Yes I start with 1" 18# HDU, will be moving to using 20# very soon. I try and carve as much out of the base substrate as i can and then layer on top of that, i have tested a lot of different glues over time and i always have used a 100% Polyurethane, I use LePage Premium Construction adhesive, I have used a sledge hammer to test this glue and the substrate failed before the glue did.
One other glue i have been also trying is Coastal Enterprises PB Bond, This works great on Larger surface bonding and is made for the HDU. I don't use this for smaller pieces because it expands.
I hope this helps!

piccadillysigns

Yes I use all kinds of chisels and Rasps, along with lots of other woodworking tools,
I also use all the same PPE that you would use in wood working, just to let know!