Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Site Launch

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by mesheau, May 29, 2012.

1. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Hey Guy/Gals,

Check out our new website! Before we were lacking the web presence, I decided to take it upon myself to design us a very simple clean website that prospective clients can view our work, and find us!

Very small company (3 employees). I'll be making updates to the gallery once I get a chance to take pictures of our work all over town.

Comments welcomed.

Cheers

www.throopsigns.com

Tags:
  2. amw

amw Member

Looks good!

Marsha

3. kylebrk

kylebrk Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    awesome. great work.

4. Slamboni

Slamboni Member

Nov 13, 2008
    nice

very effective and nice photography!

5. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks, I've just been using my iPhone! Thats the beauty of web vs. print ahah

6. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Looks Nice and clean. What did you use to make it?

7. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

very clean, nice work!

8. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    very nice!

9. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I designed it in photoshop and sent the files to a friend for dev. I didn't actually build it, only designed.

10. john1

john1 Guest

Very clean!

11. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Still working on content. The Home page is something i'd like to have a bit more info and maybe a news feed of some sort.

12. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Good start. Make sure to fill in all the alt="" tags on your images with descriptions that are accurate and hit your targeted keywords. Makes a big difference.

13. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

I like how clean and "to the point" it is. Nice work.

14. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Do you mean for search engine optimization? As in rather then calling the photo, photo6.png call it vehiclegraphics.png ?

15. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Looks really nice ... one thing I noticed though is that the main section jumps a few pixels left and right as you click through the tabs ... home and contact are the same but the other two jump a couple so its a little distracting.

16. MatthewTimothy

MatthewTimothy Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    nashville
    clean site, but there is something that bugs me coding wise. In the body he place id="wrap" with a bottom margin of 20px which is cool. BUT your site isnt long enough to actually worry about the bottom margin... Plus you might want to look into social integration. other than that cleanly done also glad to see he added meta-tags and Google Analyics :thumb:

17. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Thats because the "Our Work" section is a longer page, therefor adds a scroll bar, thus bumping the page over to the left a few pixels. I wondered this also and thats the answer I got.

18. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Whats this social integration you speak of? Like having a linked twitter or facebook feed?

I tried creating a facebook page for the business but I can't link it to a personal account since I don't have one. I can't invite anyone.

19. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Oh yeah, I didn't even notice the scroll bar my first time looking at it. That makes sense.

20. MatthewTimothy

MatthewTimothy Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    nashville
    its not hard at all man, if you want I can show you. BUT you should make a like page. There is a code snippet Ive been messing with that will integrate the same feed through, facebook, twitter, and other possiblities