• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New smaller cintique 13"

WildWestDesigns

Coming from someone that uses the 12" (in fact, just got done digitizing a pattern using the smaller one), I can say that the 12" screen can be pretty small. I have my digitizing program (which is also my vector program) configured differently then I do on the 21" Cintiq in my office. It's great for travel or for doing little quick tweaks on the production floor, but the small screen can be an issue.

The other "shocker" that I was in for (and even the picture in the article doesn't show it) is that you actually have more pieces then you do with the bigger units. You have the one wire that comes from the monitor into a black box. From that black box you have 3 separate cords (USB, DVI, and power). It's not quite as an all in one bundle as you might think. My 21" has all the cables are attached to the monitor. I can understand why (and for portability it really does help), but the pictures are just a little misleading about that. At least this is the case with the 12" Cintiq.