• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new SP-540i on the way - hoping to get vibrant colors

jhd

I just recently upgraded from a Sp-300 with colorip to a SP-540i with versaworks, which will be delivered next week. Apprarently I'm having issues with dull colors according to a client. Any tricks to getting the colors to really pop with my new machine?

I'm a huge fan of coreldraw and most of my files were created in corel. I'm starting to dabble in Illustrator, - it is taking me awhile to become comfortable with the program and produce graphics in a timely manner, but I'm willing to slowly make the switch if it means I'll get better color.

any thoughts or knowledge to getting vibrant colors from corel or illustrator would be greatly appreciated!

Colin

I'm also a new owner of that very machine. You simply must use the Roland color palette system. End of story.

Salmoneye

Hey Guys, I like the Roland Color System but how do you get by with such a limited amount of colors? I just wish that they had an expanded swatch library, or maybe they do and I just don't know it?

Colin

Huh?

Attachments

• Roland Swatch.JPG
    Roland Swatch.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 57

34Ford

Colin,

How does one acquire one of these? Is this something available once I submit my serial number for registration and can get access to Rolands dga site?

Colin

Colin,

How does one acquire one of these? Is this something available once I submit my serial number for registration and can get access to Rolands dga site?

You don't acquire one, you make one. Simply print off the palette in VW and after it's had a few hours to dry, cut it up into pieces as indicated by the cut marks which are printed as well. Then put together as shown.

Colin

...and don't forget to print it onto the media that you mostly print on. Colors will change slightly on different media. You almost need to make one on each different media (canvas, paper, banner, matte vinyl, gloss vinyl, etc) but I never did.

34Ford

I thought about that after I left. This is my first printer, so I will be asking about common material to use.

What did you do, make the plastic backs, drill holes and stick a bolt thru to make your swatch sample?