• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Summa DC4sx questions... reflective, chrome, print and cut

joelswork

Hey everyone,
So, 95% of my current vinyl business is cut graphics but I am expanding and new to the print world. I have figured out the basics and have successfully printed my own labels which was the main reason for the purchase. Now I'm trying to expand back into my niche. The reflective I use in the shop is 3M 5100 and I could not get a good print on it. The ribbon seemed to wrinkle on it and had a lot of white dots. I also tried printing on black reflective and some chrome, both had issues with the media sensor which I was able to bypass with turning the optisensor off but that eliminated the ability to cut after print. I need some suggestions.

Thanks

aparat

For the wrinkles you have to adjust the release and takup tensions, in the advanced menu. For the reflectives you have to choose the white underprint in marks..

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Joel,

I just tried giving you a call to offer up some suggestions. Give me a call at (800)527-7778, ext 112 and I'll give you a few different things to try.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Joel golden

Thanks Phil, I saw your number pop up but we were on the way for an early family dinner. I’ll try to cut out and give you a call tomorrow or Monday.