• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Summa S2T to replace the old FC8000... here’s what I’m thinking so far

Joel golden

Well, Phil hooked me up with overnight shipping and I got it today! Got it set up in the shop (crazy but I think the basement shop is officially outgrown for me and my 3 employees now). Fired it up, set up the first test cut and realized this is a lot louder than the Graphtec. No cuts were made and testing will start tomorrow before my team gets in and my boys are awake. First rule of home based business, don’t ever wake the wife or kids...

joelswork

Ok, so day 1.5 and the noise isn't really a factor but the winplot software kinda sucks. it keeps locking up, I can't send anything from coreldraw to it unless I shut down the computer and restart everything. If I just open winplot and pull up the eps file, everything is fine until the job finishes then restart the whole system again.

Man does this thing ever track straight! We run a weird material on here that we could never get to track for more than 3 ft on the graphtec... I just ran a job that sent out 14ft to the summa. amazing.... now for the cutting software

OhioSigns

I'm a little dissapointed. I just ordered a new Summa S2 T160 last Friday since they were having such a good deal on them and got a great price from Grimco. Found out yesterday I will not be receiving it until mid-January since Summa has sold so many from the killer deal they were having on them. Glad you are liking it, can't wait for mine to come in.

joelswork

I'm a little dissapointed. I just ordered a new Summa S2 T160 last Friday since they were having such a good deal on them and got a great price from Grimco. Found out yesterday I will not be receiving it until mid-January since Summa has sold so many from the killer deal they were having on them. Glad you are liking it, can't wait for mine to come in.
I ended up getting a few quotes locally then reached out to Phil Johnson... great price, next day to the midwest!

Joel golden

2 week update... found out that most of my files are double cutting. My files are a mess... most were saved as graphtec files so they had to be exported into eps. Well, winplot sees the full as a cut and the outline as a cut so I have to go in and eliminate the outline and use a full color. Thankfully there was only one that gave me any huge issues and that was a 4x6” sheet of 1/2x5/8” honeycomb hexagon pattern...no biggie on one but I needed 2000 of them. That file took 4 hours to figure out how to fix and I still don’t know how I did it! I also have an issue where if I step away from the cutter for more than a couple hours (left on) then I can’t send files from Corel to winplot or even open files in winplot... after a long weekend of being frustrated, I finally figured out I just need to turn it off and back on again... don’t know if there is an underlying problem or not.