• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New take on things................... what's yours ??

BobM

I don't mail anything out nor do I receive much snail mail. All my estimates, invoices and statements go out and come in via email. I am very viligent with statements to insure nothing falls thru the cracks.

No customer has complained one way or the other. It's just the way we do it.

I probably have a couple of years on you and resigned myself to computer dependency many years ago. Not that I like it, it's just the way it is.

Pat Whatley

That's weird. I think I've gotten four invoices via email in the last four years and all of those were orders that needed to be pre-paid before delivery. None of my vendors has even asked if they can do it.

I still prefer to mail my invoices.

Baz

THEN BAZ.................. I'll look at getting the Goddess a smart phone. Thing is... she's already smart. I don't know how a frickin' phone can make her any smarter. :ROFLMAO:

Hahaha ... We all know The Goddess is the brains in your operation! But these are not phones .. The're mini computers that can act as a phone. If she gets the hang of it she'll be even smarter (or appear to be). If not it might make her feel all warm and fuzzy.

Custom_Grafx

Lack of customer service on their part Gino.

I ask all new customers how they want to receive their paperwork. Most say email is fine, some want it mailed, and some say "whatever suits you best, we don't care either way".

Fax, yes, almost obsolete, but big companies love the thing - whatcha gonna do? "sorry we can't send faxes"? Get a fax modem - $20?

Sticky Signs

Yup, email money transfers are pretty cool but I still like getting cheques in the mail. Funny though cuz I hate going to the bank....

My entire business is run by email, text and phone conversations. Some things don't come across very well through email. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone to make things happen. Of course, some people don't have time to talk so email/texting works pretty good for that too.
All emails (in & out) are stored on my comp so I can always go back and trace the steps if I need to.
It helps that I'm a fast typer too (something everyone should learn). Besides, according to my old man, my handwriting looks "des pattes de mouche". That's french slang for a fly landing in ink and walking across a piece of paper. Hell, I can't even read my own writing sometimes.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If the invoices are coming from a regular you can set up a filter in most email programs to dump it automatically into a folder (or label it in gmail). From there you can check the folder on a regular basis. It's great because if you find your missing an invoice, check the folder and poof - instant reprint!

jrsc

email or snail mail, it doesn't matter. I just have to comment on these posts that talk like fax and think its reliable. Fax is the most outdated unreliable form of communication available. I would go as far as to try to avoid vendors that use fax as their primary form of communication. That and vendors that refuse to take amex.

CentralSigns

We get invoices with the shipping no price just products then 2 weeks later the invoices show by mail.

I'd like to see it so I can pay invoiced by direct deposit into the businesses account. Same for any work we do, net 14 days, direct deposit from customer. Bang done deal in my bank!!