• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New texture toolkit

phototec

When I design a vehicle wrap, I like to use large high resolution textures for backgrounds, and I have used many Digital Juice Drops layered textures in the past, they quit making them a few years ago and now they are back, DJ just introduced their newest TEXTURE TOOLKIT 1.

Introductory offer of $100 off and FREE ground shipping for the first week of release (this week), unlike in the past, this collection includes many, many different themes. A great deal for $149.95

For years one of the secret weapons used by Digital Juice artists and animators has been their custom collection of seamless textures.

Now for the first time, they're letting this treasure trove of possibilities leave home. If you've ever looked at a blank canvas in Photoshop, After Effects, or even in PowerPoint and not known what to do or where to start, the more than 1000 super high-resolution textures in the Texture Toolkit collection are designed just for you. Delivered at a maximum resolution of 4000 x 4000 pixels, most of these textures are also seamless in all directions and many have a built in alpha so they can be layered on top of other images for unique effects.

Long relegated to the "freebie" bin of the web, GOOD textures - particularly high resolution and seamless textures - can actually be hard to find. These long misunderstood workhorses of the creative industry are an essential tool when working with photos, illustrations, videos and animations of any kind. They can be a subtle accent or add a striking look to a hero element but they are rarely the star of the show. Their main job is to add context and subtext to your creations. Whether used alone as a background or mixed with other textures and images to give depth and sophistication, textures can create a mood without saying a word. The right texture can take a simple photo and make it more dramatic or give a simple object the weather-beaten look of a treasured antique.

5 DVDs
1036 super high resolution textures
970 fully seamless textures (XY)
55 horizontally seamless textures (X only)
320 transparent textures with alpha channel
437 illustrated textures
599 photographic textures
16 different mediums & techniques
8 broad and 40 specific themes
10 broad and 29 specific styles

http://www.digitaljuice.com/product...ign=20101029+-+Friday+-+FedEX+Ground+Shipping

Attachments

• Texture Toolkit 1.jpg
    Texture Toolkit 1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 174

Marco

heyyyy now coll freshman op! u use this item? u selling something or advertising or simply sharing... rules & regulations??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred do you sell the entire seamless collection as one set and if so how much?

We have a value bundle of Volumes 1 and 2 which saves you 10%. It is priced at $234.95. The balance of our tiles ... more than 800, have not been made into a collection at this writing. I would be willing to make a DVD of them without a user guide and add them into the deal for a total of $375.00 plus actual shipping cost.

iSign

Now for the first time, they're letting this treasure trove of possibilities leave home.

good fine phototec... one curiosity though...

..why did you change their word "we're" letting this treasure, into "they're" letting...
& then go on to plagiarize the entire sales pitch..

Last edited:

GB2

Old Member
I must say that I think Digital Juice makes some fine products and their free Juicer software is a nice tool too. Fred, I know you had the entire Juice Drops collection at one time as I remember you're trying to sell it. As someone in the buisness of creating and selling similar products, I'd be curious to hear your opinion of Digital Juice products and more specifically this new Texture Toolkit. I don't mean this to sound like going to a Ford dealer and asking them to tell you whether or not to buy a Chevy, but you always seem to be able to cut through the marketing hype very well and explain how your own products can perform as well if not better.

phototec

Simply sharing, passing on a GREAT price for a GREAT product!

u use this item? u selling something or advertising or simply sharing... rules & regulations??

Simply sharing, passing on a GREAT price for a GREAT product!

I have used the Digital Juice Drops products for a long time, have over 30 of there DVD collections and several of there Digital Juice Fonts collections.

I'm NOT selling and don't work for DJ, I just think their products are awesome, and the best part, unlike the stupid licensing with other backgrounds and texture software (AG), that prohibits you from selling the software when you no longer want it, Digital Juice products are for sale all over ebay, I have purchased several Juice Drop collections on ebay.

Again, just trying to help other here, by sharing this limited opportunity for a bargain SALE PRICE of $149.99 and FREE shipping, that's only $30 for each DVD loaded with very GOOD textures and seamless backgrounds.

Attachments

• Texture Toolkit Sample.jpg
    Texture Toolkit Sample.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 105

phototec

good fine phototec... one curiosity though...

..why did you change their word "we're" letting this treasure, into "they're" letting...
& then go on to plagiarize the entire sales pitch..

I don't type very well, more of a copy & paste person, so the DJ statement basically said what I wanted to say, that's why I copied and pasted it, however I was NOT a representative of DJ, so I needed to change a few words, hope that was ok?

iSign, like you, I hate the Aurora graphics products, because of the copyright nazi!

Here is your comment from a previous post:
"The source of all our contempt for the infamous Dave Dorsey, President of Aurora graphics is in this thread, and reply #46 in particular!"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I must say that I think Digital Juice makes some fine products and their free Juicer software is a nice tool too. Fred, I know you had the entire Juice Drops collection at one time as I remember you're trying to sell it. As someone in the buisness of creating and selling similar products, I'd be curious to hear your opinion of Digital Juice products and more specifically this new Texture Toolkit. I don't mean this to sound like going to a Ford dealer and asking them to tell you whether or not to buy a Chevy, but you always seem to be able to cut through the marketing hype very well and explain how your own products can perform as well if not better.

First off, I have never owned or even used anything from Digital Juice. So you are mistaken in that regard.

Second, from previous tours of their site and from all the exposure they've had here, I question their direction. My reasons are:

1. To the best of my knowledge, all their previous offerings were high rez layered PSDs and were not seamless. So seamless tiles would appear to be their first venture into a fairly well covered arena. Forgive me for not saying WOW!

2. My recollection was that they were doing an awful lot of discounting with their previous offerings and disappeared from the scene for a while ... three years according to their website.

3. Let's not forget their strange decorated fonts.

4. While their bulleted list would imply you are getting much more than just

• 437 illustrated textures
  • 599 photographic textures
the reality is that they are just restating the same thing in different ways. You are getting 1036 super high resolution textures ... period. So, from there it is just a matter of ...

• Do you use seamless texture tiles?
  • Do you like DJ's seamless tiles better than mine, or Aurora's or Taylor Digital's?
  • At current prices, one could argue for owning both brands. You will get tons of art that is unique to each brand and any of which would cover your complete investment with one or two jobs.
The price isn't a whole lot different either. Mine are regular priced at 22¢ when you are buying a collection which includes a nicely printed user guide and gallery showing. DJ's are regular priced at 24¢ each and, as far as I can tell, do not include any documentation. In addition, we also offer all of our tiles for individual licensing and immediate download. Approximately 10% or our tiles are full transparency PNG's which are super neat for building your own images. All can, of course, be modified in Photoshop with a single mouse click to support transparency.

And, dare I say it: Last but not least, Plotter Art™ Seamless Texture Tiles are developed and brought to you by me. Digital Juice is well aware of Signs 101 and chooses not to be a merchant here even though they get lots of business from their exposure here. So it more than a little sticks in my craw when they get pointed to by members who have never even tried my tiles ... and that comment is not directed at the OP of this thread. Rather to the many times DJ's art offerings have been discussed here.