• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New To Business

MightyWraps

I've been at this since April of 08 and I am looking for some advice on company material I can give to potential clients. Any constructive criticism
would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 3stepprocess.jpg
    3stepprocess.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 70

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You spelled "applied" wrong on step one....

You are throwing vague pricing numbers, what do you get for that? My gut reaction is applications not exceeding 250 bucks?...60 Bucks for a design concept? 140.00 for 3? Your pricing seems a bit low... okay it's really friggin low... but if you are folding in design/production into the final print and the pricing is a lure, then I get it. But it still seems very low to me. As a freelance I would only have 1.25 - 3 hours for 1-3 profitable, presentable design concepts.

southpawP8NTR

Ya , I hope you didn't send these to print yet- tons of typos. I think it should be concept consultation, design time (hourly rate because of numerous proofs), production and installation should be rolled into your quote. People get overwhelmed with pricing for this and that thrown at them. You will know about how long a wrap will take you with experience, if you have problems with the install it's your dime if it goes over the amount that you roll into your quote. My 2 cents.

Mikeifg

I agree, the price is way to low not that it s your intention but it cheapens the wrap industry. You should research some pricing. Also checked out your website and I noticed that the wraps on there stayaway from comples areas such as front fender hoods and bumpers. If you have any pics of fullwraps put them on your wesite as well. The van on your websit if that's a artial you would want to stop at the fender going onto the feder halfway and stopping makes it look unfinished.

M

TheSnowman

I haven't read it but 2 seconds, and read "fianl" instead of "final". I do like the idea, and I'm not in the wrap part of the business really, so can't help ya there on pricing. I like the layout other than the skull, but I have no idea why people use skulls on anything unless it's Halloween, and then I still don't get it. Like I said, great idea. Just tweak it w/ what the wrap pro's tell ya now.

imagep

I won't knock you on your spelling because I cant spell myself.

And I do agree that your pricing is way to low.

But overall, I think what you have done is awsome! It is exactly what we should all have. Fix the spelling, bump up your pricing, and be prepared to do a lot of business!

MightyWraps

Thanks for all the advice. It's a rough 1st draft. In my neck of the woods there are big business competitors doing Full size van wraps for 2500.00 I know it sucks but I am in Wichita, KS and a 1 man show. I will take all said to heart though. My CarStar Partial went for about 1800

Attachments

• carstar.jpg
    carstar.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

TheProfessor

looks good to me, other than aforementioned pricing and spelling. Maybe just include your hourly design rate in the brochure and let them know you will give a final quote after you meet and discuss design ideas. Until you know what the customer is trying to achieve, I would think it very hard to give an accurate estimate. Unless the original pricing is just for comp rough images and then the design time goes in later to create the more intricate final proof, you are boxing yourself in.

I would still raise your pricing. not just for the rest of the industry, but for you. Dont undervalue your self :)