• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to digital/flexi color/print problem

cwa

Yesterday I printed a gradient on my VesaCamm SP-300 and it came out nice and brite. I am using the same file but today it is dull. The only thing I have done any differant is to change the media to esm-ccvp and the output to esm-ccvp standard as I am printing on clear vinyl (right?). When I go to rip & print I get "color settings different...overide.." I have said yes~Ihave said no and still no change. I even re-did the sign pulling the gradient from one I know was brite yesterday.
You guys are so generouse with your knowledge which is really great!
I'm sure someone knows exactly what to do.
Wish there was a spell check but then again ~ Don't know many sign people that can spell anyway!
I have another ? I'm going to post under vinyl ~ not sure of correct procedure here.
Thank You, Lynn

Baz

Different media give different results. Gloss media gives much brighter colors than matte. I think you are using Versaworks as a rip as well and i have no experience with it. I find some profiles in my rip (Color choice 2) do not print nice. So many times i use the same profile for different media. Just print a small color proof before doing the big job.

Wish i could be of more help. Keep trying and learning your software. Wasting material in the learning stages is inevitable.

cwa

Thanks for the encouragement.
I print out of Flexi, is there a change I need to make in there also when I change media/output in production mgr. I don't think its the media as it printed bright the day before. I does'nt make sense to me but Im sure someone knows. Wierd things happen like I sent a job 3x's and it just would'nt print. When I turned everything on in the a.m. the job printed out the 3 x's ~ ok, but Unfortunately they came out dull. I'm afraid to try it today but I have to get this done.

Baz

Hard to say what it is you are doing wrong, or what issues might be at hand with your setup. I would suggest to post your questions on the Roland forums. Theres allot more Versacamm users there and all of them love to help.

www.rolanddga.com

wolf2x

From my experience, you will never get nice bright colors when you are printing on clear vinyl.

And, as Baz stated earlier...different media will give you different results. Also, different profiles will give you different results.

Since you are just beginning, the smart thing would be to keep a log of your settings with what type of graphic and media that you used. Once you get the hang of it, you will automatically know which settings (profiles included) to use on xyz material with whatever image you try to print.

cwa

Someone suggested hitting shift-control-alt when I restart Flexi to bring back origional settings(?)
Anyway it worked and printing strong brite color again.
There where a few spots so I did a complete cleaning ~ whipers ect.
When I printed again ther where spots everywhere & I was Freaking.
I printed 2 more and the 3rd one was fine ~ whats that about?

Barry

cwa said:
When I printed again ther where spots everywhere & I was Freaking.
I printed 2 more and the 3rd one was fine ~ whats that about?

You need to take one of the cleaning swabs and clean around the heads. DO NOT TOUCH the bottom of the head though. Basically you get an ink buld up on the sides of the heads and it will drip off onto your print.

Baz

Random ink spots are caused by an accumulation of ink around the heads or on the hook at the rear of the printer carriage. When you have many spots. that is a combination of ink and small hairs or dust that sticks to the eccess ink around the heads .. and the ink builds up on the hair and then the spraying begins.

The best way to get consistent printing is to do a regular 2 minute cleaning. Around the heads, the wiper and the sponge where the print carriage hook rests.