Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Flexi, Need Help with Color Trace

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by TheFlash, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TheFlash

TheFlash New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    I am using Flexi 10, for the first time ever (been using Gerber Omega since '99). Here is the problem I am running into. When I import a colored .JPG image, then select raster to vector, then select color trace, then I proceed to select the number of colors, etc. Then when I hit the green check to proceed with vectorization, all of my white disappears. Why?!! This is driving me nuts. Then I can not get it back. I don't know why it does this; I want the white to display on the screen. Please help! Thank you :)

Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    When you drag your box around the object you're wanting to color trace, BEFORE you hit the green check, look at the little boxes that show what colors it's going to trace. The white color box probably has a little corner folded over which turns it off. Double click on it and it will look solid like the other color boxes.

Then hit the check mark.

Attached Files:

3. TheFlash

TheFlash New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Yes! Thank you! That was the problem. I'm new to Flexi and trying to learn. Do you know why when I raster to vector a black and white image, I am not able to view it with color fills? I can drag colors and drop them, and the lines change color, but when I click fill mode, it doesn't display in color.

4. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    Maybe your seeing it in wire frame. Try holding down the "ctrl" key then pressing the f key.

5. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    View "stroke/fill editor" --
    check to make sure "FILL" or "STROKE" is selected when changing the color :0) My guess is your changing the "stroke" color and not the fill :thumb:

good luck,
    Markus