• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Flexi, Need Help with Color Trace

TheFlash

I am using Flexi 10, for the first time ever (been using Gerber Omega since '99). Here is the problem I am running into. When I import a colored .JPG image, then select raster to vector, then select color trace, then I proceed to select the number of colors, etc. Then when I hit the green check to proceed with vectorization, all of my white disappears. Why?!! This is driving me nuts. Then I can not get it back. I don't know why it does this; I want the white to display on the screen. Please help! Thank you :)

Pat Whatley

When you drag your box around the object you're wanting to color trace, BEFORE you hit the green check, look at the little boxes that show what colors it's going to trace. The white color box probably has a little corner folded over which turns it off. Double click on it and it will look solid like the other color boxes.

Then hit the check mark.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 236

TheFlash

Yes! Thank you! That was the problem. I'm new to Flexi and trying to learn. Do you know why when I raster to vector a black and white image, I am not able to view it with color fills? I can drag colors and drop them, and the lines change color, but when I click fill mode, it doesn't display in color.

DizzyMarkus

View "stroke/fill editor" --
check to make sure "FILL" or "STROKE" is selected when changing the color :0) My guess is your changing the "stroke" color and not the fill :thumb:

good luck,
Markus