Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help new to Flexi

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Josh Kuper, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc
    I import a vector EPS file and it opens grouped. I go to the Select Tool and the vector image is grouped, I go to try to ungroup it and the option is not available, grayed out. When I try the Select Within Tool I can grab one piece from the file but then it goes back to Select Tool. What am I doing wrong, seams like such a simple process, I created the file in Omega

Tags:
  2. steve contos

steve contos New Member

May 22, 2020
    marshfield ma
    Some times that gets me too and I'm not new...lol... un mask then you will probly get a big black block covering it either drag that to the side or delete it that's what I do... then it should let you un group

3. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc

Well that is exactly what the problem was, big black box covering it after unmasking it, why would that even be a thing to have to figure out

4. steve contos

steve contos New Member

May 22, 2020
    marshfield ma
    not sure where that even comes from might be if it was made in adobe i just delete it.. i think its from when adobe flattens a file

5. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Yeah, have to unmask stuff all the time that is created by customers/designers. Not sure why its there but I'm so used to it now I don't even think twice about it.