• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Full Color Printing/Cutting. Any Suggestions for Online courses....sites?

jmmccann

Hey guys. I've been in the vinyl business for a while now and am quite comfortable with cut vinyl. However, I've recently acquired a color printer and laminator along with a full stock of laminate, vehicle wrap with tools, accessories and basically everything I need to get started.

My intentions are to get into vehicle wraps. Starting out small and growing as I can. In the past, I have done cut vinyl installs on vehicles, trucks, trailers etc. But I am not yet familiar with some of the intricacies of color printing and/or wrap installs. Does anyone have any good online resources, courses or sites to recommend? Definitely planning on hitting the Sign show this September for some workshops!

Thanks, Really looking forward to this step up!

ExecuPrintGS

I agree with the above post, justin pate has great instruction, if you can find a hands on class local, jump at it. If not "the wrap institute" videos are well worth the money.

Ponto

Hey guys. I've been in the vinyl business for a while now and am quite comfortable with cut vinyl. However, I've recently acquired a color printer and laminator along with a full stock of laminate, vehicle wrap with tools, accessories and basically everything I need to get started.

My intentions are to get into vehicle wraps. Starting out small and growing as I can. In the past, I have done cut vinyl installs on vehicles, trucks, trailers etc. But I am not yet familiar with some of the intricacies of color printing and/or wrap installs. Does anyone have any good online resources, courses or sites to recommend? Definitely planning on hitting the Sign show this September for some workshops!

Thanks, Really looking forward to this step up!

Enjoy the journey and be ready for a HUGE learning curve,... if like you say,.....you are not familiar with the nature of the printing equipment and or techniques (intricacies) used in the wrap industry...JP