• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New To It All!

smilonas

Hello All!

I am so glad I found this forum...although perhaps a little too late. I just got a Roland GX-24 ( I know some folks give these a big thumbs down, hence the above "too late" comment) and believe it or not, I got it primarily for my own use. But, of course, I have some dillusions of making some of the investment back down the road.

I am into computers and photography, so I already have a nice setup including PhotoShop CS2 and 3 printers...the Epson R1800 is my favorite. I've also taken up airbrushing recently and am hoping the GX-24 becomes a nice tool to design and cut masks with.

Probably going to purchase Corel Graphics Suite 4 to go with my Cut Studio unless someone here tells me otherwise :wine-smi:

Looking forward to all the learning!

Stacy

Air Art Girl

welcome. The GX-24 is not a bad plotter. We have one, it's not the best one we have but works fine. It will cut masking well. What airbrush equipment are you using. Have you seen the new Badger Renegade??? Can't wait to get one.

smilonas

Yoooooooo, Air Art Girl!

welcome. The GX-24 is not a bad plotter. We have one, it's not the best one we have but works fine. It will cut masking well. What airbrush equipment are you using. Have you seen the new Badger Renegade??? Can't wait to get one.

So far, I am an Iwata gal. I have an HP-C plus, a Hi-line HP-BH and I just orderd an Eclipse bottom feed with quick change cups and a .5 needle.

Got a question for you...what type of paper would be best to use to cut "stencil masks", it that makes sense. I would like to be able to cut adhesive masking paper with it and know I need paper with a backing.

Any suggestions? Also, where is a good place to order from?

Thanks Much!

Air Art Girl

actually, I don't cut any paper masking. I'm still trying to get my settings right on my laser to cut mylar masking. There are lots of threads on her about low tack masking though.

I have a Iwata's too but, way too pricey for replacement parts and the new Renegade will kick Iwatas a##.