• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Logo Design

jdoug5170

Hi All. I'm pretty new to logo design and have a client wanting a professional logo created. He knows that I'm going to seek outside service and wants us to "broker" the deal as we will be doing all the actual print work for him.

Question is...how do I go about this. I looked in the vendor listings and did not spot a member vendor that specializes in logos. What information do I need to have to get someone started? Perhaps a mission statement from the company would get us started?

Doug
Deep Down Expressions

SignManiac

Keep in mind that the client will need to deal directly with the designer. It would be extremely difficult to act as a go between. The designer will need to know first hand what the client is expecting for a logo. A lot of questions will need answering to do a great job.

OldPaint

sometimes its better to say, NO I CANT DO THAT. when you cant do that. you will gain more respect from the client, then tryin to make a buck on something you have no idea of how to do a logo.
direct client to an ESTABLISHED LOGO DESIGNER..........

Marco

Wow, hard to say no to a hundred bucks or is it fifty? I take it you are trying to make a few bucks here; discuss the matter with a reputable professional logo designer and pass it on. You should be compensated a percentage of the fee for your recommendation. I almost agreed with Old Paint. :peace!:

jdoug5170

Absolutely believe in admitting ones short comings....I'm not a logo designer. In this case, my customer knows very well that I will be having another company do the design work and has no problem with that. He is willing to pay me for knowing who to go with! As far as contact by my customer direct to the designer, no problem there either....

It is nice to be working with a reasonable customer! I look forward to seeing the workings of designing a logo also. Who knows, maybe I'll learn some more!

I have been in touch with Dan and it is now in the customers lap to decide if he wants to go ahead.

Doug

AUTO-FX

Wow, hard to say no to a hundred bucks or is it fifty
a hundred bucks?
fifty bucks?
OMG ! yeah, maybe if you scribble something on a napkin and they accept it with no revisions! logo development can be worth hundreds or thousands!