• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New (to me) Mimaki JV3-160SP-need software-HELP!

MarkH42

I just bought a 5 - 6 year old Mimaki JV3-160SP that came with RasterLink Pro software. The software is no longer supported by Mimaki, so I'm looking for the most reasonable software solution to get this thing up and running. Most of the stuff we do is industrial and I don't need FlexiSign or anything too fancy. We do design work with Adobe Illustrator and Gerber Composer, but I need the RIP software that runs the printer. We will mainly be doing banners initially. I am a total newbie to wide format printing as we mainly do screen printing and we have a Gerber Edge II, but the local Mimaki guy is coming to train me as soon I get the software issue resolved. Any suggestions? I can buy Raster Link Pro 2, but I'm wondering if that is the best option? Thanks in advance for your help.

MarkH42

Thanks for your input. I think I am going to try to find someone who got Raster Link Pro 2 but has upgraded to Onyx or other RIP software. I am going to post a new thread looking for Raster Link Pro 2.

Dice

You might try your local supplier, they might have a copy. RasterLink 3 and 4 Bundled uses the printer as a key, so i think it would work with a jv3.

marcsitkin

I have Ergosoft, which I used with my JV3, for sale. I no longer use it.

Contact me via pm if you are interested,

Safetyguy

FYI - It's my understanding that the Rasterlink that comes with current JVs & my CJV-130 is a stripped down version of Wasatch...