Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me) Mimaki JV3-160SP-need software-HELP!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by MarkH42, Aug 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MarkH42

MarkH42 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    I just bought a 5 - 6 year old Mimaki JV3-160SP that came with RasterLink Pro software. The software is no longer supported by Mimaki, so I'm looking for the most reasonable software solution to get this thing up and running. Most of the stuff we do is industrial and I don't need FlexiSign or anything too fancy. We do design work with Adobe Illustrator and Gerber Composer, but I need the RIP software that runs the printer. We will mainly be doing banners initially. I am a total newbie to wide format printing as we mainly do screen printing and we have a Gerber Edge II, but the local Mimaki guy is coming to train me as soon I get the software issue resolved. Any suggestions? I can buy Raster Link Pro 2, but I'm wondering if that is the best option? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags:
  2. Craig Perry

Craig Perry Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Go with OEM, then profiles would be readily avail.. next suggestion would be ErgoSoft.. just my 2c..

3. MarkH42

MarkH42 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks for your input. I think I am going to try to find someone who got Raster Link Pro 2 but has upgraded to Onyx or other RIP software. I am going to post a new thread looking for Raster Link Pro 2.

4. Dice

Dice Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    You might try your local supplier, they might have a copy. RasterLink 3 and 4 Bundled uses the printer as a key, so i think it would work with a jv3.

5. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Member

May 6, 2010
    I have Ergosoft, which I used with my JV3, for sale. I no longer use it.

Contact me via pm if you are interested,

6. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    did that version of ergosoft have texprint?

7. trafficgraphicsAZ

trafficgraphicsAZ New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Flexi sign cheap

Hey i have a FlexiSign 8 that i no longer use if you would like that i am selling VERY CHEAP!
    contact me at trafficgraphicsinfo@gmail.com or 480-636-6223

8. radiohead223

radiohead223 Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Australia
    we still run rasterlink for out old jv3 and it works great with the colour profiles it has. i think last time the tech guys were here they were saying that rasterlink three is for the JV3's and the new versions of rasterlink work for the other printers in their range. but you can still get updated and profiles from mimaki.

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/download/uc_index.php

9. Safetyguy

Safetyguy New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    FYI - It's my understanding that the Rasterlink that comes with current JVs & my CJV-130 is a stripped down version of Wasatch...