• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to printing and cutting with vinyl express q42 and roland bn20a

epsonianguy

Hi guys, im new to printing with the roland bn20a. I have a vinyl express q42 but not sure how to use it. Does anyone have a manual and know how to use contour cuts/ perf cuts from versaworks? any help would be appreciated! id like to cut my stickers. Is it compatible with versa works?

Attila Nagy

Best option is Corel or Illustrator, with CuttingMaster4.
You not cutting from VersaWorks, only Printing. Creating Cutline, Registration mark and cutting with CuttingMaster4 plugin.

epsonianguy

As mentioned, you'll be limited to Roland cutters if you're just working with Versaworks.

With that said, doesn't the BN20 have a built in cutter?
it does cut but its very slow. Im wondering if using a plotter will still allow perf cuts and leave tabs to peel stickers easier? I dont know what thats called

epsonianguy

Best option is Corel or Illustrator, with CuttingMaster4.
You not cutting from VersaWorks, only Printing. Creating Cutline, Registration mark and cutting with CuttingMaster4 plugin.
thank you, can it cut around the sticker leaving room to peel the stickers?