• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to signmaking, cant get hardware to work, please help

NCR Grafitti

Ok, so im at home now messing with this.

Got a Null model cable, changed from COM1 to COM2 (thats the only other one available) and still nothing.

Signguy, i dont have the option for Send now, I only get "hold to list or save to file" and when I do either, I have to manually start it up in PM and it still sits at 0% cutting.

Any other ideas?

digitalwoodshop

USB Serial Ports can be a real pain.... I would recommend deleting the Plotter from the USB even if it shows correct. I have had the same problem using a Parallel to Serial USB on my Laser Engraver.

The Fix again has always been.... Delete the Laser and plug the USB back in and assign it from Comm1 to USB and your back....

Good Luck,

AL

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 74

daveb

General Know-it-all
JR - we purchased it used from a person that was using it before, they just upgraded. We've approached him for help, but he's 2 hours north of us and to him "it worked" and he says its our computer.
I trust that it did work before we purchased it as this gentleman is a big vinyl cutter up north and does a lot of business.
I don't know about anyone else on here, but if I sold a piece of equipment I would be there to make sure it worked.... Unless I gave it away I would feel obligated, 2 hours away or not. That said, your getting lots of time tested advice here that sounds good. Not having any experience with this particular piece of equipment I'll just say sometimes it can be just the smaller thing,:doh: It's all good! Good luck!

gbarker

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but did you say you are using FlexiSign Pro v7 and a Vista computer. I thought only FlexiSign 8.5 and up was certified to work with Vista machines... What operating system was the guy using that you bought it from? I'd be willing to bet if you went to Windows XP you'd save yourself a few headaches.

NCR Grafitti

Tryingtolearn, you are right. Im using v7 and Vista. I have an old laptop that Im going to try that is running XP. NOw that I have the right serial cable, im gonna give it whirl with the USB to serial cable as well as this laptop doesnt have a serial port, but it does run XP :) Here goes round 2..

I WILL GET THIS FIGURED OUT DARN IT...LOL!

NCR Grafitti

STOP THE PRESSES - ITS WORKING!!

I ended up trying the USB to serial with the new serial cable and I set the Handshaking to Hardware and it printed!

Thank you so much to everyone and their help today!! I truly do appreciate the patience and help. Its nice to find a site where people dont get irritated with us newbies asking dumb questions!

Thanks again - check back soon!