Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Signs 101

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StickerChic, May 11, 2005.

1. StickerChic

StickerChic New Member

May 10, 2005
    Hi,

I'm a newbie here too... but not to the biz. I had a shop for over 13 years. Mostly doing graphic design, including logos, illustrating, and even product packaging and labels of all varieties. In addition, I started cutting vinyl for small signs and making 4-color stuff for my clients and other designers, eventually supplying several other shops with full color graphics.

Now, we are semi-retired and have moved to the coast (although I do have a shop in the basement and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon).

I'm looking to share what I've learned and maybe learn some more. One thing I'm convinced of: The more you know, the more you know you don't know!

Although I have been successfuly doing 3-M certified outdoor graphics for over 6 years, I have yet to make a profit from my Roland ColorCam... I know there are some out there that say they do.
    Anybody out there willing to convince me:help:

Looking forward to the buzzz...

the StickerChic
    (I know the Design Police, and they are us)

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Hi StickerChic and welcome to our boards. I've been to your lovely Coos Bay and hope to visit again someday.

I could put you together with a few folks I know with ColorCamms and between you you might have a good boat anchor. It was, IMHO, a poorly conceived piece of hardware which gained undeserved popularity for a while.

3. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Nice to meet you StickerChic.

George

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Hi StickerChic! I'm up near Seattle, have some friends that moved to the little town of Lebanon, OR (near Albany) about a year ago.

5. StickerChic

StickerChic New Member

May 10, 2005
    Hi all,
    I'm still optimistic! The spot colors available make it worth persuing for small labels. Poorly conceived? I, like the many others that bought into the concept thought it was a great idea, the problem was in the execution. The open plotter design is it's major flaw. I have had other thermal wax printers that worked flawlessly in an office environment. They were closed to the elements and were devoid of voids (pun intended). If only I had a temperature controlled, hermetically "clean" room, my problems would be solved!

Thanks for your input.

SC

6. StickerChic

StickerChic New Member

May 10, 2005
    Hi Chris,

My little Brother and his wife live on Bainbridge. Seattle is cool!
    We love the coast.

SC

7. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Welcome to the site.

8. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    :Welcome: