• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to signs

Saristia

Hello everyone!
I'm new to sign design and also new to using forums.
I am learning the art of sign design for my fathers business. I have read a book on sign layout, and have watched my father closely over the past few weeks helping critique his work. I am always opened to suggestion/advice and hope that I will be able to learn a lot from all of you.
Thanks,
Saristia

Marlene

welcome to the site. read thru all the posts that you can find here on designs as there is a ton of great info and you'll get the chance to see how different people see a layout. That to me is the best source for learning. You'll find a thread where a pile of people think the design is great then a person will point something out that really makes or breaks the total layout. those threads are my favorites as it gets you to look at things in a different way.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

yes marlene #4 post is correct even for old hat like me ..great resourse for layout & design ideas and how to's

Mike Stevens book Mastering Layout ais the greatest also Dan Antonelli's logo design 1 & 2 are also great

glad your taking a serious interest and reading

gut r dun

Saristia

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

yes marlene #4 post is correct even for old hat like me ..great resourse for layout & design ideas and how to's

Mike Stevens book Mastering Layout ais the greatest also Dan Antonelli's logo design 1 & 2 are also great

glad your taking a serious interest and reading

gut r dun

I have read Mike Stevens book Mastering Layout and I am waiting for my father to find me his copy of Dan Antonelli's logo design (not sure if it is 1 or 2). I have Adobe Photoshop 3 (Elements) which I know well, and I also have Adobe Photoshop 7 that I have used a bit (both for photography, not signs), but I also just got CorelDraw X3 which I know nothing about. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Saristia