• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Signs101

OptimaGraphix

Hello everyone, I am new to Signs101. (I hope I am posting on the right place) Although I signed up for this website about a year ago, I've never really came back until now.

A little bit about myself:
I worked for about 10 years in a graphics company. I did vinyl application all the time I was there and about 5 years ago I became the production manager. We started doing vehicle wraps about 6 years ago.

I ended up leaving the company about 6 months ago and am trying to start my own business. Yes, I am working out of my house right now but I really enjoy it, since I can take care of my kids and be with my family more time.
I sell car graphics on the internet and have already a few local clients for whom I do tractor and trailer graphics. I do signs once in a while and I will be coming back to signs101 everyday from now on.

I hope you guys don't hate me for being one of the guys working out of their house (I know at one point where I used to work we struggled for work due to the low prices the "guy" working out of his house was giving the clients) I am the guy working out of the house now, but I know what customer service is, and what quality work is. Big companies loose their clients not just because of a lower price from the "guy" but because the big companies don't take care of their clients how they're supposed to ( I learned that from experience). I hope I can hear from you guys and hope to give some input as well.
Thank you all for reading.

Ian Z.

Mosh

Welcome. Not worried about people with home shops. Most customers see the difference in shops when they can come to a nice sign store and see displays and samples, or go to a house and roll up down in the basement.

TheSellOut

Welcome..I started out of my house and kinda miss the days when I could just roll out of bed in my boxers and start working!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Howdy from fellow Texan and former "out of the house" guy. I miss the days of the big money I made working from home. I also was stay at home dad and raised three kids that way while wife was a teacher. No day care for my kids. You have a stellar attitude and outlook - quite rare for newbies on this site (probably because you are far from a newbie). Welcome to the best forum and people online!

OptimaGraphix

I do not bring people to my house. I set up an appointment and go to their place and bring whatever samples I need to bring. My laptop will show samples as well and any other info they might need. My idea is not to have a walking shop (at least not in the near future), I am focusing mainly in Fleet graphics and online sales.

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. It doesn't matter where you do your work so long as you do good work. Charge for your good work like you were located on Madison Avenue, your worth it.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

Your right home here ya might say, cause we started someplace, and this site has more levels of expertise then any forum on the planet I do believe.