Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by interstate, Jan 13, 2004.

1. interstate

interstate New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    We are a leader in the application and removal of commercial graphics.( fleets, bus/vehicle wraps, store imaging). We have been providing service nation-wide( U.S.) since 1988.

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Welcome, interstate, hope to hear much more from you. Maybe you can help me to get over my fear of rivets on trailers.

George

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Ahhhhh Ha! The dreaded rivetophobia rears its ugly head.

Anyway, welcome to Signs 101. We're glad you found us.

:signs101:

4. interstate

interstate New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Thanks George. Let me know if I can help you, or answer any questions for you. Feel free to call.

Paul
    Interstate Graphics of WI
    715-252-1814
    www.graphicsinstall.com

5. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Rob Ivers would be disappointed with me. I have watched the videos a couple of times, but when I get to the rivets, I do what the video says, use the middle of the squeegee, and run over the rivets, then go back with heat gun and rivet brush and I seem to tear the vinyl with the brush. I also poke a hole in the bottom of the rivet bubble before applying a little heat and brushing. I have lettered a couple of trailers, with less than disireable results in my book. The customers weren't too disappointed, but I know it can be better.
    Well, glad to see you here, Paul, maybe you can share some tips when you get settled in.

George

6. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    hi Paul.......nice to see you in signs101:thumb:

7. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi Paul welcome to :signs101:

8. interstate

interstate New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Thanks THATgirl and Dennis for the welcome.

George-
    For your problem with rivets, try to use a little less heat and make sure you poke enough holes around the rivet head. That is usually the problem with material tearing. Possibly a little less pressure with the brush. I can't positively say with out watching you. Another problem may be surface and/or air temp and the brand of vinyl thats being used. All vinyl is effected by temp, some more so than others. I personally would recommend only 3M or avery when it comes to fleet graphics and vehicle wraps. Both materials are more forgiving when it comes to surface/air temp and the amount of heat you apply to the rivets, plus there both excellant brands. Mac-tac for example is very sensitive to temp. it becomes very brittle if you can not keep the surface temp at a certain temp. and it lay's down very poorly. I hope that helps you. If you still have problem's, feel free to call. Thanks, and talk to you later.

Paul
    Interstate Graphics of WI
    715-252-1814
    paul@graphicsinstall.com
    www.graphicsinstall.com

9. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Thanks Paul, I'll try poking more holes the next time I get a chance at rivets. I use avery 8 whenever I can. Good talkin' to you.

George