• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New To The Biz

My wife and I've been doing heat transfers and embroidery for about a year now.Got to reading about vinyl transfers so bought a cutter(roland gx-24)to make are own.I haven't even gotten up and running and already have people wanting signs,race car #'s and truck lettering lettering done.This is a new world to me that I find very interesting.I'm sure I'll have alot of stupid questions.I just hope you all will over look me.I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Air Art Girl

What t-shirt vinyl are you going to use? We use Thermoflex. If you intend on moving into regular vinyl, it will take practice and a learning curve. You could start with simple window decals and go from there. Just a note, make sure you change the force on the plotter for the different substrates. I use less force for the thermoflex then regular vinyl. If your force is too high for the t-shirt vinyl especially if you are using one for nylon, it tends to melt into the cut line and the release velum will not separate easily from the garment.
Good luck and welcome.

What t-shirt vinyl are you going to use? We use Thermoflex. If you intend on moving into regular vinyl, it will take practice and a learning curve. You could start with simple window decals and go from there. Just a note, make sure you change the force on the plotter for the different substrates. I use less force for the thermoflex then regular vinyl. If your force is too high for the t-shirt vinyl especially if you are using one for nylon, it tends to melt into the cut line and the release velum will not separate easily from the garment.
Good luck and welcome.
Not sure what to use yet figure I'll try thermoflex and spectra brands to see which I'll like best.Thanks for the cutting tip hadn't read about different force yet.

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal :)
salut.gif

StitchWerks

Did the same leap 8 months ago. It sure add's flexibilty to the profit centers. Have had great luck with Stahls products on all types of materials. Thermoflex up to 3 layers is good. The learning curve of the vinyl application portion of the business seems to be bigger than with the embroidery learning curve was. Good luck and have fun.