• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the board, Ready to help if needed!

EnergyDesign

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, and just wanted to say hi. I am a graphic designer that has worked in print design for 4 years, and suddenly found myself out in the cold when my former employer shut down. Low and behold, I get hired at a Wide format printing company, and am trying to learn the beast that is signmaking. I would love to help anyone out with any ADOBE product questions, as that is my specialty.

If you dont mind, could someone answer 2 questions for me:

Is there an easier way to mockup a wrap to scale than using envelope distort in illustrator, I mean a better application, maybe one made for vehicle wraps.

The second question is does anyone know where I can get an outline of a trailer? 6x12 single axle haulmark.

Thanks, and I am here to help if needed!

Ken

Hi. Welcome.
Since you don't give us your name I'll truncate it to OOPD....
You can try vectorart.com for a trailer image. Or take a photo and work from that. I look forward to picking your brain on Illustrator questions..
Cheers!
Ken

njsigns

Let me say welcome to the board - "welcome" - and also, making duplicate posts with the same content is frowned upon here, it just make more work for our gracious admin, who will most likely go back and remove the duplicates. This is a very active site and you'll be better received here if you play by the easiest of basic rules. You will also get (more times than not) an answer to the question you're asking.... Just give it a few minutes.

Gene

iSign

I would take photos of the sides or back from a direct straight on vantage point... then superimpose your mock-ups with no distortion needed.

If you are using rastor images maybe use photoshop instead of illustrator, so you can use a little transparency to let vehicle contours, window trim & door edges or handles show through a little... which helps you design to miss obstructions to your main copy & primary design elements.

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal :)
salut.gif