Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question New to the Business

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Scott Sneddon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Scott Sneddon

Scott Sneddon New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Layton Utah
    I have been doing sublimation printing and normal aquas printing for about 4 years. I decided I wanted to expand what we are doing and buy a Roland VG540. We do vinyl but what to be able to offer more to our customers. What is your thoughts on the VG 540 or is there a better machine for me. I will be doing a lot of Tshirt transfers and vinyl for Realtor Signs.

Tags:
  2. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    unless you are going buy a laminator, i dont think just a printer will give you enough of an roi to make it worthwhile

m

3. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    I think once you start doing more signage you will find other business sectors that you can do work for like dealerships or contractors that need aluminum or directory signs that require digital prints. As for the laminator is a plus but you can start without since you mentioned you will mostly be doing shirts. I like the truevis been running it for about a year without any issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scott Sneddon

Scott Sneddon New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Layton Utah
    We also bought a laminator so we can help forfill for some local sign shops. Clothing, banners and real estate signs are what I am after.