• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the forum, hello

Tint Guru

Hey all. My name is CP/aka Tint Guru.

My main business is Window Tinting, and have been at it for 21 years. I bought a graphtec 5100-75 two years ago, and after some great trades now have a Mimaki CG 130fx.

Learned alot the hard way when it comes to vectorizing an image, and can see why everybody got printers for multil color images.

That said, My area of expertise can be of use to your community, because it seems to me alot of people here don't understand there are many types of glass. look forward to helping you as you have helped me. CP

Tint Guru

Thank you

though you'd enjoy this and a test to see if i'm sober enough to post
looking at you SignMANIAC!!!

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 119

Billct2

Welcome,
do you have any experience with tinting commercial windows?
If so I could use some advice.

Tint Guru

ucmj22 - different types of glass

Just a quick post, if you want more info let me know.

Two different categories are commercial/automotive, each have different type of glass used.

Generally in automotive, there are two types: Laminated (W/S) and Tempered (door glass and B/G).

Tempered glass is heated, formed and rapidly cooled, creating a structural tension from the surface to center of its thickness. (whole reason once broken/chipped it breaks into 50K pieces).

Laminated is SHEET glass with a pliable laminte between the two peices.

Commercial/Residential falls into PLATE,SHEET, and INSULATED.

Off glass for a minute, thank you all for a warm welcome. CP