• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the forum...Old in the trade

Munch

Hello to all from Elberta Alabama. ( salude! )
I spent some time reading the posts and thought this to be a good place to park. I like the attitudes and repore of the folks here. We are in a serious business but humor keeps the pressure points from cracking us. Much better to crack up from a good laugh than fall to the stress of the day. I adapted the following saying to my mission statement:

Tell me and I will listen.
Show me and I will understand.
Take me in and I will learn.

I am hoping to be taken in so I can share and learn with you all.

_Munch

Signguyno1

Welcome from Massachusetts, soon to renamed Sodom & Gomorrah! Presided over by our Democrat Politicians and new Governor!

jdb

Welcome, I'm fairly new here as well and they have'nt 86'ed me yet. What type of work are you proficient at? Lots of fun and lots to learn here.

Last edited:

Munch

Thanks for the welcome jdb.
I specialize in "to the trade" grandformat printing services.
My signature is "magazine quality, in your face" imaging.
Clients are sign makers who need the larger projects printed.
File configuration and/or file rework to adapt to the largeer format is my
passion. I spent many years in commercial printing as a preflight tech.
When I am not doing these functions, I get into indoor and outdoor POP displays.

Thats about it in a nut shell....I now rewind and ask of you the same question.

_Munch

jdb

My thing is gilding, hand carving, striping, airbrush, sandblased glass, wood, rock, anything I can do with my hands. I like a challenge. Oh ya, hand lettering when the opportunity arrises - love it. I'm old school but am computerized as well, not like these guys though. Thats why I'm here to learn and keep up with it all. The laughs are great too.

Munch

Impressive toolbox you carry.
I respect the "old school" craftmanship. It is not my bag...can't draw a straight line!
Computer graphics suit me better. It allows me to beyond those biners.
I don't pretend to be a sign maker. It takes a unique visualization. I am adapting though....some things look good on the screen, but on the road is a very different story. I am hoping to learn here as well, assuming that I don't get the boot too soon.

_Munch

WOODBS

welcome there and war eagle. i am originally from dothan, then montgomery, now florida. life is good