• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the Industry

gorillagrafix

Hello all of you fine sign makers! Just coming in to introduce myself and my company to signs101.com.

How I got started: A long time ago I was and still am working for a wedding/party decorating company and that was fine and dandy for a while. Then I began to realize how much money was going out to all of the vendors that we used on a daily basis to make these events happen. I decided I wanted a piece of this action so I went out and bought an Epson 9800 Stylus Pro to start making indoor signs for my employer. After 6 months of printing signs, it is now starting to take over my time only allowing me to work part time 20 hours a week and saving up enough money to buy a HP 10000s 104" Low-Solvent Printer with a heater.

The new printer is why I'm here, I just look at it and I'm scared to heck. I've been poking around the forum for the past couple days now and I have read threads for hours, the information I've found has proven to be vital and I can't wait to take my printer for its first client print!

Thanks for being such a well informed and skilled community, I appreciate it.

Typestries

Welcome and good luck! This place is full of good info. Use the search feature for HP 10000 but dont forget to search for 9000 as well, as it's pretty much the same machine and the same theories and troubleshooting steps apply to the 9000 as your 10000

CS-SignSupply-TT

Welcome from cccoooooolll ATLanta. Did you buy the 10000 NEW or USED? Did you buy a vinyl cutter? Are you using OEM or 3rd party plug-n-play inks? What software are you using?

gorillagrafix

Welcome from cccoooooolll ATLanta. Did you buy the 10000 NEW or USED? Did you buy a vinyl cutter? Are you using OEM or 3rd party plug-n-play inks? What software are you using?

I bought the 10000 used. I do have a vinyl cutter, but it does not support contour cutting so I will be selling the one I own and looking for one that does. I use OEM inks since I get an awesome deal on them from my local GrimCo. The guy who sold me the printer hooked me up with his pricing. I use Flexi10 for my RIP.

@Everyone else: Thanks for all the welcomes!