• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the Site...questions about car wraps...

francisco2525

It is a pleasure to be a member of this forum, and all the help that can be given to be would be highly appreciated. Normally I just do graphic and printing, but I have a friend that has a large Auto Body Shop, and he asked me if I wanted to become partners with him and start an Auto Wrap Business.

We can buy the equipment and print them ourselves, but from reading some of the comments of some of the members it seems it might be the best to outsource the car wrap material (since if we do that we can buy the car crap material for 4.95sq) and then just place the card wrap ourselves. I was wondering if signs365.com gives the best prices when it comes to car wrap material or if there are any other companies that give a similar price or even lower price.

I am in southern california, an hour north of LA, I would appreciate if anyone new of a company near my area where I might just be able to order them and quickly just go myself to pick them up--just to be more efficient.

This is a new venture that I am willing to learn and become good at it, but I do know that sometimes it is good to ask questions from those that are in the business, because of their knowledge and expertise, so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it :)

rjssigns

Sub out the design/printing/laminating until you're sure you're going to make bank. Focus on installs only. Owning equipment looks good until you actually own it. You will have a huge chunk of money tied up into something that requires your full attention. Then you get to buy software.:banghead: Then you have to learn the software and it goes from there.:banghead: Then the equipment breaks in the middle of a job, on the weekend.:banghead:

brush1

Sub out the design/printing/laminating until you're sure you're going to make bank. Focus on installs only. Owning equipment looks good until you actually own it. You will have a huge chunk of money tied up into something that requires your full attention. Then you get to buy software.:banghead: Then you have to learn the software and it goes from there.:banghead: Then the equipment breaks in the middle of a job, on the weekend.:banghead:

+1

SignManiac

Don't forget to invest in a high end graphics work station that can rip huge files efficiently. Everyone's advice is good. You really need to do the research. There's a common myth that starting a car wrap business is a piece of cake. It's a very competitive market that has been devalued to the point that it's nothing more than a Walmart commodity. Cheapest guy gets the job unless you are one hell of designer and can work fast. Good luck anyway.

francisco2525

Thank you...

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum and your insightful information. I keenly know that knowledge is power, and getting tips from those that have the knowledge and experience will make my goals a little easier.

I am sure I will run into some headaches; but in the long run it is those headaches that force you to do things correctly.

Besides signs365.com, those that do outsource your material, what other companies do you use and what tends to be the range of price per sq foot for car wrap material.

And again I would really appreciate if anyone knows of a company in the LA area that offers this service at a good price.

ProWraps

we pride ourselves on quality. and we are losing jobs at $4.50 sq/ft.

so do your math using your original cost of wholesale materials.

not to be debbie downer, but good luck.