Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to this printing stuff

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Eastwind, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Eastwind

Eastwind New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Oregon
    Happy Saturday Guys,

So I’ve been doing die cut vinyl for the past 6 years with flex sign pro and recently I took on a position at a sign shop where I would be running a Mimaki Jv400LX-lx // Ricoh Pro l4160 latex printer, a laminator and a Uscutter titan 68” ..
    My question is, the shop computer is running “vinylmaster” for the cutter and “Ricoh RIP Software” but I can’t figure out how to place my print file into the “hot file” or “job list” of the rip software. I did however get the printer to print a file but it was already in the job list by the previous employee who is long gone. My goal is to figure out how to print a file, laminate it and then cut it. I have been reading the owners manuals. I just haven’t had much luck and I’m not sure if it’s because of something I did or a ton of settings being changed before I took on this position. I have a ton of wrapping experience from wrapping machines to full on printed trailers but I just never had a chance to learn printing. Any and every bit of advice is greatly appreciated
    Thank you

2. astro8

astro8 Active Member

May 23, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
  3. Eastwind

Eastwind New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Oregon
    Awesome!! Thank you

4. Eastwind

Eastwind New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Oregon
    I still can’t get it to work. It won’t let me upload / open any files into the job list. Won’t even print the files that are already in the job list. Won’t rip either