• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to this want to learn

paul

hello all and thank you for any help . i want to buy a printer cutter all in one . would like 30 or no bigger then 40 in, don want to have to vent the machine . what would be good to start with . thank you for any help. paul

vinylbarry

Welcome to a good place to learn but just a bit of advice you might want to intro yourself a little first to get a better start.:Welcome:to:signs101:

paul

ok thanks from indiana got to inch of ice out here . cold lol i have tried to read and research all on this forum i can . seems to be a super bunch of nice and helpful people on here . i like vinyl . have got a vinyl express qe 60 24 in. i read alot on here bout the summa dc4sx. i like that one . and the mimaki print and cut . also roland .

paul

hello yep i have been reading up on the vinyl print and cut machines for a few months now . and would like to get input on maybe what to buy .
thank you paul

HulkSmash

From my experience Never buy a cutter/printer in one combo.
If one breaks down so does the other. You want to have them independent from each other that way if your plotter is down you can print and visa versa. Just my opinion. :Welcome:

paul

thats a good ideal to keep 2 machines for that reason . and i am going to keep my
vinyl express qe60 machine kind of for a back up . just in case.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Summa DC4sx-30" Print/Cut System

Hello Paul-

First off, welcome to Signs101!

As for your questions, I work with Summa, and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the Summa DC4sx(30" model). I can also provide a sample kit, or custom sample prints if you would like.

PM with any questions that you have. Good luck with the printer research.

Last edited:

w2csa

Welcome from NY.
I agree with MOSH, if you can afford it, there are a lot of 36" applications out there such as banners.