• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Truvis VG print colors

madone

Hello,

We went from dual CMYK to 8 color with orange and light cyan, I can’t seem to get same color on past print jobs, anyway to have same files print close in color.

Thanks,
Tom

Ldiprinting

Hello,

We went from dual CMYK to 8 color with orange and light cyan, I can’t seem to get same color on past print jobs, anyway to have same files print close in color.

Thanks,
Tom
We have had the VG3 for about 4 mths now and have had great response from our clients. You will not be able to get the same colour output with the 8 colour as you did with only CMYK. I have sold it to my clients as an upgrade that I am not charging for them any extra for.

netsol

you obviously have a different color space, have you gone through the process, taken an xrite i1 & built new profiles?

a profile compensates for variables in substrate, ink, as well as machine. you could use downloaded profiles but, they will not compensate for your machine. since the expectation is to match previous print jobs, done with a different ink set, properly building profiles will get you, perhaps, "close enough" matching previously printed work.

there is no shortut to actually doing the work. you are correct, this is an upgrade! HOWEVER, it is not going to match previous work all by itself. if you had purchased a new machine you would know (i think) that youhad to build profiles.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
that youhad to build profiles.
not really necessary unless they use 3rd party inks.

properly building profiles will get you, perhaps, "close enough" matching previously printed work.
lol, depends on the rendering intent
using either of colormetric intents - yep, possible enough
using perceptual or saturation - impossible at all

i pretty much believe that previous jobs were done with perceptual intent (standard settings) so, no way here
unless your jobs are all in vector so you can print the swatch book and adjust the source files itself to match with your previous outputs

Last edited:

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Care to explain a solution to match from new to old color gamut?
as easy as get back to 4 colors model
makes no sense to have 8 colors installed and simulate 4 colors prints....

althou maybe yeah, in some cases it does.
there should be an option to choose the print mode so you can decide either you wanna use extra colors while printing or not so basically you can just choose CMYK instead of CMYKcmOG
1678113465044.png

netsol

COLORCREST

didn't we have this discussion in the past?
don't you make what i would call a "universal color space" that both machines can pretty much hit.

i generally agree with VV, but, a larger color space & the ability to hit those hard to print colors is not a disadvantage

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
What can you advise the OP or anyone to do in the situation?
My advice is to read my messages more precisely

cornholio

Since there is no hint, what Rip is being used, I assume it's Versaworks. Depending on what setting you used to print before, it should be possible to simulate the setting with a now wider gamut.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
it should be possible to simulate the setting with a now wider gamut.
True. The link in my earlier post #11 explains how and has been the process for 25 years or more. Wide gamut inkjet printers have simulated smaller gamut printers for a very long time.