Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New twist on an old scam :)

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SignManiac, Jul 8, 2010.

1. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I offered to help a buddy out who wanted a simple website for his laser engraving business. I built him a simple six page site. One of those pages is a contact form. I figured I should test it to make sure it works.

I sent him an inquiry asking for 500 crosses with the message "Save the starving Childrens" engraved on each one and told him I was the Honorable Reverend Badassa Moubandi from Zimbabwe, in my best broken English. I used a fake email addy so he won't figure out who I am.

He has little to no computer knowledge so I doubt he'll put two and two together :) I don't think he expected to get instant orders from his new website! Can't wait till he calls me to tell me the good news :)

I'm bad when I get bored, or very creative. I guess they're one in the same.

Tags:
  2. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    Can't wait to hear what comes of this. lol