• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New use for Flex Seal...

Stacey K

I like making signs
My good customer/friend (yellow bin) found these great salt bins at Home Depot. We couldn't find anything that stuck to it, as I suspected. My suggestion was to make a plate for it and use bolts to attach. He brought me in some Flex Seal and said just try it, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

It worked...a little too well, what a sticky, messy thing to work with. It's a little wrinkly but vinyl sticks to it so we are going to see what happens. We left it outside for a few days and it seems to be holding up. He bestie came in and then brought me 8 more bins in black :eek:.

If you need vinyl someplace that vinyl doesn't like to stick and the end result does not need to be perfect, Flex Seal might work? Not sure how much it will shrink and if it will cause problems with the vinyl but these guys are my friends so they understand it's an experiment.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.JPEG
    IMG_1892.JPEG
    415.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1941.JPEG
    IMG_1941.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 212

Stacey K

I like making signs
Wow.
Here I was all hung up on "What kind of a person hires a landscaping company, which then leaves something behind for the customer to deal with and call for refills..." Here in AR, if you're employing a landscaper, they will typically do everything, shy of coming in to wipe for you.
LOL, I get it but up here we often get a lot of snow or ice and for businesses or apartment buildings, the plow guy can't go back hour by hour to salt sidewalks. These guys had been putting out large plastic pails with scoops but for the bigger customers (businesses or apartment buildings) they think these might be more attractive and easy to use. I also questioned the refill thing and he said for insurance reasons. If for some reason it becomes empty and he doesn't get there to fill it up and someone slips, it could be a lawsuit but if he puts "call for refills" then it takes some of the liability off him. For my apartments I am also required to put out salt and if it's empty and they fall, it's on me. He said the likely hood of it becoming empty is slim. Just talked to him this morning, he's got several other businesses requesting these bins...job security!