Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New use for Flex Seal...

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Stacey K, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    My good customer/friend (yellow bin) found these great salt bins at Home Depot. We couldn't find anything that stuck to it, as I suspected. My suggestion was to make a plate for it and use bolts to attach. He brought me in some Flex Seal and said just try it, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

It worked...a little too well, what a sticky, messy thing to work with. It's a little wrinkly but vinyl sticks to it so we are going to see what happens. We left it outside for a few days and it seems to be holding up. He bestie came in and then brought me 8 more bins in black :eek:.

If you need vinyl someplace that vinyl doesn't like to stick and the end result does not need to be perfect, Flex Seal might work? Not sure how much it will shrink and if it will cause problems with the vinyl but these guys are my friends so they understand it's an experiment.

Attached Files:

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    How odd. I would have guessed it would not stick any better to flex seal than high energy plastic, but there ya go.
    Now I'm wondering, what's inside?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Salt, hench the name Salt Bins.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Wow.
    Here I was all hung up on "What kind of a person hires a landscaping company, which then leaves something behind for the customer to deal with and call for refills..." Here in AR, if you're employing a landscaper, they will typically do everything, shy of coming in to wipe for you.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    LOL, I get it but up here we often get a lot of snow or ice and for businesses or apartment buildings, the plow guy can't go back hour by hour to salt sidewalks. These guys had been putting out large plastic pails with scoops but for the bigger customers (businesses or apartment buildings) they think these might be more attractive and easy to use. I also questioned the refill thing and he said for insurance reasons. If for some reason it becomes empty and he doesn't get there to fill it up and someone slips, it could be a lawsuit but if he puts "call for refills" then it takes some of the liability off him. For my apartments I am also required to put out salt and if it's empty and they fall, it's on me. He said the likely hood of it becoming empty is slim. Just talked to him this morning, he's got several other businesses requesting these bins...job security!

• Like Like x 1