Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new versacamm

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mrsticker, Nov 4, 2004.

1. mrsticker

mrsticker New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    just got my new sp-300 today and it worked great right out of the box...I was without a plotter for about 6 days due to the sale of my color camm so I had a pile of jobs to get out right away...I couldnt help but to see how a large graphic looked scanned from a small image so I took a small photo of my son racing BMX and scanned it @600 dpi and blew it up to fit on a small section of his bedroom wall...about 47" x 96"...printed the graphic at low resolution 360 x720 and it printed in 2 panels with 1 seam aprox down the middle. Each panel took about 25 minutes to print and it applied easily on the wall...needless to say I am very happy with the purchase

Mike

Tags:
  2. mrsticker

mrsticker New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    forgot to attach

attached is the photo

Attached Files:

• jer2.JPG
      jer2.JPG
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
  3. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    VERY COOL! I am still wrestling with getting one of these bad boys. Did you get or do you plan to get a laminator as well?

4. mrsticker

mrsticker New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    next purchase

looking at laminators now....unsure which one but yes I will be getting one in the near future

Mike

5. flexiezine

flexiezine Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Keep in mind, a larger VersaCamm is coming soon if not already available... 54" CMYK Eco-Sol Print/Cut from Roland... Probably priced around $19k.

As for laminators, I would recommend a GBC Protech laminator... I have installed and used the Artic Titan 165 and loved it... very well built and a rep from GBC even helped with the install, onsite. A little on the expensive side but well worth the investment if you plan on laminating on a daily or even every other day schedule.

Check pricing at http://www.jsisign.com/products/arctic_titan_165.html

6. rsantos97

rsantos97 Member

May 25, 2004
    Wow that came out great. That gives me an idea to try out.