• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Vinyl cutter suggestions request

chrisinestes

My 20 year old 40" Vytek Gem vinyl cutter is finally giving up the ghost. 20 years of good cutting is a lot so I'm not too disappointed.

I'm a small one-guy shop, so I don't need a high end, super fast cutter. I'd need to cut 15", 24", 30" material. I do some sandblasted wood signs on occasion, so something that will handle Anchor & Hartco stencil would be nice.

So, what's out there in a mid-level 30" cutter these days? I don't want a junk Chinese model, but I can't spend $5k either. I have FlexiEXPERT 11, so I'm current with software.

Thanks!
Chris

bigben

go with a Summa D series if you want a mid level or T series if you want the high end and never look back.

chrisinestes

Looks like an S2 D75 would be the Summa for me... $4500. The T75 is another $1500. I'm not sure I can swing that, but it would be nice to have the Tangential knife like my Vytek has.

Thanks or the advice!
Chris

BESTBLANKS

Vinyl Cutters for every need

My 20 year old 40" Vytek Gem vinyl cutter is finally giving up the ghost. 20 years of good cutting is a lot so I'm not too disappointed.

I'm a small one-guy shop, so I don't need a high end, super fast cutter. I'd need to cut 15", 24", 30" material. I do some sandblasted wood signs on occasion, so something that will handle Anchor & Hartco stencil would be nice.

So, what's out there in a mid-level 30" cutter these days? I don't want a junk Chinese model, but I can't spend $5k either. I have FlexiEXPERT 11, so I'm current with software.

Thanks!
Chris

Hi, Perhaps we can help. Both Roland and Graphic vinyl cutters are great choices at very reasonable prices. We also offer discount pricing for these.
If we can help answer any questions please don't hesitate to call us! 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.BestBlanks.com

OldPaint

CX-300.......WILL TAKE 36" MATERIAL.....but only will cut 29.50".
CX-24 will take 24" material only cut 23.50

tbullo

Superunknown
We have been cutting #117 stencil, sailcloth and your print and cut vinyls for years on Graphtec FC model plotters. We have a fc4100-75 that is still going strong and a larger fc7100-160. I would think Graphtec, Summa and Roland are probably all good choices.

chrisinestes

I'm still researching, but I've narrowed it down to a Summa S2 D75 or a Graphtec FC8600-75, with the Summa in the lead.

My Vytek is currently (sort of) behaving, so it's not an emergency, but that could change tomorrow morning. I hope to have one on the way to me by this coming Friday.

When my tangential Vytek was new, it would cut 1/4" letters very nicely. Now, it's hit & miss with 1/2" letters. Can I expect easy-weeding 1/2" letters with a Summa and/or Graphtec drag knife?

Thanks again for all of the input.

Chris

Jwalk

I went with a gcc expert pro 24 . I only needed it for hand paint vinyl stencil signs. Ya if money wasn't an issue would of went with something better. All and all I am happy with it and it has done me good and when and if I ever need to upgrade I will know exactly what I want the better machine to do.

I know gcc has even better machines with tangential blades
http://www.gccworld.com/Vinyl_Cutter.php

A disclaimer though I really know nothing about vinyl cutters ...
And I have now made even more enemies not saying to buy a roland:Oops:

dlndesign

I have worked with Graphtec and Rolands, both are just fine. Every system has is quirks, find one that gives you what you are looking for, then go for it. You're going to learn its quirks once you get it going.