• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Vinyl Requirments Coming

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, with some of these recent posts, I wonder how all these home-based print-shops are gonna handle having vinyl stacked up in their bedroom or dining room while little Johnny and Sally eat supper in the next room ?? To think we were all concerned about venting the ink fumes. Now, it's the vinyl itself, regardless if you have solvent, or latex printers, too. :omg:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
April fools!!!!

Must be a Canadian thing. Down here, we don't recognize that day any longer, due to the seriousness of the times. Playing April Fools jokes on each other is not in today's society curriculum. Along with common smarts and learning abilities, it's also being cut from the schools, due to lack of participation. :Canada 2:

lodcomm

Well, with some of these recent posts, I wonder how all these home-based print-shops are gonna handle having vinyl stacked up in their bedroom or dining room while little Johnny and Sally eat supper in the next room ?? :omg:

Geetings fellow Printsters!

As a "home based" print shop, I can try to answer your question. Speaking solely for myself here:

If you mean how am I going to handle protecting Johnny & Sally From the alleged toxic vapors emitting from the stacked vinyl? I am going to pay no attention to the silly implication that it is any more toxic than say a new vinyl shower curtain, and continue to leave it stacked as is.

If you mean how am I going to deal with the government agencies that are going to attempt to enforce some kind of hazmat protection scheme(s) in my shop? I am again going to pay no attention to such silliness since my bedroom based shop is so trivial, it's not even on the radar, and thus will generate no governmental visits.

However, I would welcome your input on solving a HUGE problem I have in my home based shop: How to keep the black hairs from my Tuxedo Kitty (Abby Abbington) off of my Vinyl and out of my Prints? - I am attempting to act like a professional, and turning cat-hair laden prints over to a customer does not help the illusion one bit.

abby_1.jpg

(btw: thats not her tongue hanging out, it a bit of a flower petal on her "flower collar")

PS. I am not worried about my little abby developing a tumor or whatever from the Vinyl fumes either.

warmest regards,

-t

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, since you have all your bases covered for skirting around possible problems or just don't tell anyone about it, I'd say you have just about everything pretty much under control. So, as for your final problem of Abby hairs in your less than professional prints, I'd wrap the cat entirely and that should keep paw marks in any recently printed vinyl to a minimum and keep all loose hair away from anything needing to be laminated. I guess you could also clean around your apartment once in a while might help, too. :rolleyes:

player

Must be a Canadian thing. Down here, we don't recognize that day any longer, due to the seriousness of the times. Playing April Fools jokes on each other is not in today's society curriculum. Along with common smarts and learning abilities, it's also being cut from the schools, due to lack of participation. :Canada 2:

"due to the seriousness of the times" Sad... Ubiquitous guns and constant warring will do that to a society.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"due to the seriousness of the times" Sad... Ubiquitous guns and constant warring will do that to a society.

Quite the opposite..... Oh Wise-One. The guns have nothing to do at all with a sense of humor or holidays. It's being taken away from our kids in the school systems. I guess you read it differently then what I had intended in my post. I didn't want it to become political. That's all, sorry.

Just about anything remotely related to human behavior is being re-invented and taught to our children today..... and at every level form nursery care to 12th grade and into the college and institute levels. Our children are being blindsided with what once was... no longer exists and a new world behavioral type is now being taught. The whole system is being re-invented and we have a buncha little robots running around. It's happening in your country as well as Europe, Africa, Middle East and China. It's a new world order and we're all on our way out, so it's just a matter of time before it takes hold. Just concern yourself over the gun thing and other petty little quirks and it will quickly pass you by, too.

lodcomm

Well, since you have all your bases covered for skirting around possible problems or just don't tell anyone about it, I'd say you have just about everything pretty much under control. So, as for your final problem of Abby hairs in your less than professional prints, I'd wrap the cat entirely and that should keep paw marks in any recently printed vinyl to a minimum and keep all loose hair away from anything needing to be laminated. I guess you could also clean around your apartment once in a while might help, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks - The pesky kitty has 7 toes on her massive front paws. (one of those hemmingway girls.) I'll wrap her in Air Release At least.

And I definitely could do better in the cleaning department. I am a clutterer.

As a side note - and utterly without sarcasm. I am in 100% agreement with you about the sorry state of our schools & education in general.. And I will never even pretend to understand the "Every Kid Gets A trophy" mentality the kids are brought up with in this day and age.

Anyhow Happy April 1'st…

-t

TammieH

With all the one shot, laquer thinner, xylene, spirits, and corogloss I've played with over the years, not to mention a 7 year stint in commercial pest control I don't think I'll get too worried at this point over a little glue.

Exactly!

we use to practically bathe in solvents