• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Vworks update?

Gene@mpls

Poking around to see how far out of date I was and found this:

Hamamatsu, Japan, November 27, 2012—Roland DG Corporation has announced VersaWorks Version 4.8, a full featured easy-to-use RIP software package developed exclusively for the company's wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters.

With the new version of VersaWorks, Roland has added a total of six libraries from the PANTONE PLUS and Goe™ product lines, valuable design and production tools for high-end graphics and any application where precise color matching is vital. These libraries allow users to automatically convert a specific PANTONE spot color in the design file to a CMYK value that can be reproduced on a Roland inkjet device. This simplified workflow significantly reduces the amount of time required for color matching and enables quick output of specific colors when working with properly profiled media.

Roland's latest version of VersaWorks also features a new spot color replacement feature which allows users to replace a defined spot color in the design file with another from any VersaWorks library, all without reopening the source file. With VersaWorks, users have access to 16 spot color libraries, including the new PANTONE libraries and the Roland Color System, Roland's own spot color matching solution featuring more than 1,500 traditional and metallic hues. Users can also replace the spot colors in their designs with white and clear ink options supported by several Roland inkjets.

I don't download updates till the problems are fixed...

Mike F

You can get the files here, along with the latest firmware updates for your machine and the latest version of OnSupport. Lot's of media profiles can be found on that site as well. I just installed the update and poked around about, 2 things i noticed, well 3 if you count the new splash screen, but the 2 new features I noticed:

1. Under Queue Settings > Job Management, there's now an "Action for Incoming Jobs" section. See the screenshot for all the juicy details. Also note that you have to go into your Queue Properties to adjust these settings, just like how you adjust the .eps margin.

2. This is the "big one", under Settings > File Format > Spot Colors > Details (second screenshot), you can now select a spot color from your Spot Color List, and then under "Edit Output Color", you can choose to replace it with any color from the new Spot Color Library (last screenshot).

Haven't done any jobs with it yet, literally just installed it an hour ago or so. Hope this info is useful to some of you. Also, FYI, that site I linked to will almost always have Versaworks and firmware updates posted before the Roland@net updater or OnSupport will realize they're out. I'm guessing the automatic updater pulls files from a different server than that one.

Attachments

• action_for_incoming_jobs.jpg
    action_for_incoming_jobs.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 76
  • spot_color_list.jpg
    spot_color_list.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 73
  • spot_color_library.jpg
    spot_color_library.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 68

dcurtisroland

Poking around to see how far out of date I was and found this:

Hamamatsu, Japan, November 27, 2012—Roland DG Corporation has announced VersaWorks Version 4.8, a full featured easy-to-use RIP software package developed exclusively for the company's wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters.

With the new version of VersaWorks, Roland has added a total of six libraries from the PANTONE PLUS and Goe™ product lines, valuable design and production tools for high-end graphics and any application where precise color matching is vital. These libraries allow users to automatically convert a specific PANTONE spot color in the design file to a CMYK value that can be reproduced on a Roland inkjet device. This simplified workflow significantly reduces the amount of time required for color matching and enables quick output of specific colors when working with properly profiled media.

Roland's latest version of VersaWorks also features a new spot color replacement feature which allows users to replace a defined spot color in the design file with another from any VersaWorks library, all without reopening the source file. With VersaWorks, users have access to 16 spot color libraries, including the new PANTONE libraries and the Roland Color System, Roland's own spot color matching solution featuring more than 1,500 traditional and metallic hues. Users can also replace the spot colors in their designs with white and clear ink options supported by several Roland inkjets.

I don't download updates till the problems are fixed...

4.8 will upload tonight and we have two webinars next month addressing the new features. You can wait to see if you like them after you've seen the broadcast.

-Dana

splizaat

This time can we do without the q & a during the middle of the webinar? Maybe put that section at the very end? I tried following along two seperate webinars on different occasions and eventually shut them off because of the ridiculous questions being asked - like it was everyone's very first time opening versaworks....but there really was information I wanted to get out of them. I just couldn't stand the questions the whole time.

Gene@mpls

This time can we do without the q & a during the middle of the webinar? Maybe put that section at the very end? I tried following along two seperate webinars on different occasions and eventually shut them off because of the ridiculous questions being asked - like it was everyone's very first time opening versaworks....but there really was information I wanted to get out of them. I just couldn't stand the questions the whole time.

Seconded- give us the information and let the non-understanders watch the
recordings and pay attention the second time. Q&A rewards the people who
are too lazy to listen.

dcurtisroland

That's the first time I've heard that Matt. We have an email address just for feedback of this type. academyfeedback@rolanddga.com

It's good to know this from people actively watching. It helps us be better.

-Dana