• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions New way to pull ink through the lines when you need to.

Jim Hill

I have used syringes for years when I had to pull in from under the cap tops.

Recently I had an ink cartridge run out of ink and my SP-300V no longer let's me know when this is about to happen.
When this happens the ink flows from one damper into another damper and the bottom line is it creates a mess.
All New dampers, cap tops, O rings new lines and sometimes even a New ink pump.

I also noticed more then ever that the ink and cleaning solution we use appears to be attacking the rubber O rings in the syringe and after a few pulls they really did not work very well for pulling ink through the lines.

This last time I really a difficult time. First I pulled ink into each damper using a tapered syringe and then I trying using the syringe on the tubes below the cap tops with the heads parked in the proper place but I could not pull the ink through the lines to save my life!

I decided to try something different so I went to Harbor Freight and purchased a brake line bleeder kit which included a number of different fittings and sizes of clear hose and it even includes a vacuum gauge.

The entire kit cost $19.99 and with their 20% coupon it cost me $17.10

I took it out of the package and connected a few fittings and hoses and instead of pulling each separate line under the cap tops I pulled from the Y fitting and on the very first pull I had ink flowing through both lines!

I could not believe how easy it was compared to using syringes. I don't think I will ever use another syringe again.

Hope that helps some of you who like to work on your printer and fix things yourself.

Jim

netsol

jim, just make sure you use the "trap" to catch the ink.
the brake bleed tools are not solvent resistant

Jim Hill

Netsol:

I forgot to mention that it also comes with a plastic trap for catching the ink.
I really found this method to work so much faster and better then the using syringes.

Getting the proper connection with syringes and hoses has always been a pain!

Jim

Terry01

Been doing it for years with one of those bleeders, and as stated, change the lines to silicon as the originals cant handle solvent inks or cleaner.

Sign Works

One of the has worked just fine for me for the last 13 years on my SP-300V, about 2 bucks from your local feed store.

Attachments

• 80018.jpg
    80018.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 136

player

I have used syringes for years when I had to pull in from under the cap tops.

Recently I had an ink cartridge run out of ink and my SP-300V no longer let's me know when this is about to happen.
When this happens the ink flows from one damper into another damper and the bottom line is it creates a mess.
All New dampers, cap tops, O rings new lines and sometimes even a New ink pump.

I also noticed more then ever that the ink and cleaning solution we use appears to be attacking the rubber O rings in the syringe and after a few pulls they really did not work very well for pulling ink through the lines.

This last time I really a difficult time. First I pulled ink into each damper using a tapered syringe and then I trying using the syringe on the tubes below the cap tops with the heads parked in the proper place but I could not pull the ink through the lines to save my life!

I decided to try something different so I went to Harbor Freight and purchased a brake line bleeder kit which included a number of different fittings and sizes of clear hose and it even includes a vacuum gauge.

The entire kit cost $19.99 and with their 20% coupon it cost me $17.10

I took it out of the package and connected a few fittings and hoses and instead of pulling each separate line under the cap tops I pulled from the Y fitting and on the very first pull I had ink flowing through both lines!

I could not believe how easy it was compared to using syringes. I don't think I will ever use another syringe again.

Hope that helps some of you who like to work on your printer and fix things yourself.

Jim
Would you post a link please to the kit you bought?