• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New website launch www.BuyGreenSigns.com

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
njohnston said:
You can design your sign online and order it printed on eco-friendly materials.

I, for one, do not like wholesale suppliers selling direct to customers and letting the customer do it all himself to save a buck. There are many downsides to this.

1. The vast majority of customers do not know what they are doing when attempting any sort of graphic design, much less design a sign meant to be functional and legible at a considerable distance. The only defense I could possibly allow for D.I.Y. design is the sad fact more than a few people working at some sign companies don't know what they're doing either, but they work cheap.

2. Customers are often completely unaware of the rules in local sign ordinances and the permit requirements in their communities.

3. If the sign is a permanent or semi-permanent display the customer will have few if any resources to install the display himself. He may run into trouble hiring a full service sign company to complete the installation or service it if/when the sign has a problem. Very often customers will blame any problems with a sign on the last sign company that touched the thing rather than the company who manufactured it.

grafixemporium

Beautiful website! Quite a few people here -- even some of those talking smack in this thread -- could stand to take down a few notes on quality design. The site is clean, easy to navigate and very commercially appealing. As far as your product goes, you're not really doing anything different than most of us in here. We all use many of the same materials. You are just using the "green" thing as your marketing strategy. Right, wrong or indifferent... you're doing it very well. I'm curious to know what you invested in building that site. It really is one of the best I've ever seen in the retail printing industry.

I'm not clear why some of you are knocking him for not being a MM or insinuating he's a wholesale supplier. I never got that impression. Looks completely retail to me.

wildside

looks like the site is owned by the wide format company, which sales equipment etc...looks like a supplier trying to pry into their clients pockets.....

it is a nice site, in my part of the country, "green" means too cheap to do it right.... seriously, "green" don't mean squat to me or this area really.

I would love to send email invoices only....but believe it or not this area some people still don't have email much less an internet connection.....:omg:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not clear why some of you are knocking him for not being a MM or insinuating he's a wholesale supplier. I never got that impression. Looks completely retail to me.

pops_blinking.gif
If you look at the opening post you will see a notation that some self promoting portions were removed. The comments you don't understand were made by members who read those portions before I removed them.