• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Website. Thoughts?

Redz Signs Inc.

Hey Everone,

got a new web site www.redzsigns.com from signwebsites.com its a pre designed wesite. good cost up and running in a couple of hours. so what do ya think? i still need to edit content and pictures but overall i think its ok.

SignManiac

I could not figure out your business name easily. I put two and two together and finally figured out it's Red Z Signs, but at first glance it reads Z signs & Graphics. Perhaps a little to clever play on the name for the average viewer.

SignManiac

I think you're putting the cart before the horse. I would focus on a good strong logo before investing all your time on a website. No matter how well your website looks, your logo should be the most important part of branding for your company. I would work on that right away if you want my advice. Take a look at Dan Antonelli's websites, every logo is dead on right and then the website follows.

Marlene

I could not figure out your business name easily. I put two and two together and finally figured out it's Red Z Signs, but at first glance it reads Z signs & Graphics.

never a good idea to make your company name something that no one can figure out or pronounce. is it redz pronounced "red's"? or is it red z? I really hate it when people use a strange spelling unless is it clear how to pronounce it as no one wants to start off a conversation by being corrected. the site layout is pretty good and easy to use and looks nice.

Circleville Signs

Company name = "eh"
Company logo = "El Terrible"
Company website = "1998 called and they want their website back"

Those may sound harsh, and if you are the type to get your feelings hurts, then what can i say - you probably just got your feelings hurt. The reality is though, that all three of those statements are true. The website that you purchased is not good. The navigation is too dominant. The central content area is confusing and difficult to follow.

The layout breaks most content design rules.

The worst part is that it appears from your galleries that you actually know what you are doing in the sign business - yet no part of this site or your branding tells anyone that.

Redz Signs Inc.

It is pronounced Red's. it has been a pain for others to understand and i am willing to change it just havent got the time right now.

Jillbeans

Are you also new to the area? I don't see any 724 area codes.
I think the site is a bit hard to navigate.
The logo is atrocious.
Love....Jill

kylebrk

I think you're putting the cart before the horse. I would focus on a good strong logo before investing all your time on a website. No matter how well your website looks, your logo should be the most important part of branding for your company. I would work on that right away if you want my advice. Take a look at Dan Antonelli's websites, every logo is dead on right and then the website follows.

+1

This site is WAY too busy.

ours is www.eight38signco.com

Marlene

It is pronounced Red's. it has been a pain for others to understand and i am willing to change it just havent got the time right now.

the name is OK as it does look like Red's, it's just the way you have it all blow apart on the webpage. you may not have the time re-design a logo, but at least re-work it so it reads OK. you are asking people to read the name with the spelling that you have, don't ask people to now try to piece it all together. I'm not trying to be jerk, I just know how irritating it is to wade thru a company name and to be made to figure it out. it never is a good idea to start off a business contact by ticking off a potential customer

grafixemporium

Company name = "eh"
Company logo = "El Terrible"
Company website = "1998 called and they want their website back"

Those may sound harsh, and if you are the type to get your feelings hurts, then what can i say - you probably just got your feelings hurt. The reality is though, that all three of those statements are true. The website that you purchased is not good. The navigation is too dominant. The central content area is confusing and difficult to follow.

The layout breaks most content design rules.

The worst part is that it appears from your galleries that you actually know what you are doing in the sign business - yet no part of this site or your branding tells anyone that.

+1

Billct2

why do the pictures in the gallery keep changing size? it's a PITA because the "next" arrow keeps changing location