• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Website

D&Tgraphics

Hey everyone, We just uploaded our new website (retail side) a couple of days ago and I thought I would throw it to the wolves and get some feedback. Let me know what you think and if anything stands out that needs fixing or changing. I know the live chat is not active yet so don't bash me on that. :) Have at it. www.dandtgraphics.com

cmykpro

Not bad but the generic live chat image of the girl with headset is an immediate turnoff to me. Also I am east coast with a wicked connection and it was pretty slow to load.

jen.reelez

It looks cool, because the products are presented directly at the homepage.. :Big Laugh

So far the connection here is fine, got no problems anyway. :cool:

Supergirl

the basis is okay, but there is a lot you'd have to change.

don't hate please... :)

It's too busy. The background does not look good and should be solid with such a busy page.

unbold all the menu items.
add spacing to your paragraphs and choose sans serif font.

while in the printed media, paragraphs should be written using serif font, in digital media, not o much.

Get rid of underlines on your links at the bottom, or pick a better font (keep it simple, verdana, helvetica)

overall, "un-dense" it. get rid of the background. increase line spacing and choose a sans serif font.

this is part of what i do for living. i'm not just pulling it out of somewhere.
just like in signmaking, there is a big difference between putting something together and having something that looks professional.

12 years ago, the site might have been okay the way it is, but not today.

when in doubt, look how the big guys do it. and i don't mean just in sign making.
look at amazon, ebay, etc.

good luck!

visual800

I like it. I dont care for graphics but thats your prefernce but I did like all the pics. it was quick and straightforward. From a short time i was on there I saw you did great work and thats what is important to me

AceSignsOnline

Looks like a great starting point to me. I agree with a lot of what was said already, especially when it comes to using a sans serif font. Also, the bg image is fine, although I would desaturate the image altogether so that it doesn't distract from the actual content. http://www.monsterenergy.com/ uses a great example of that.

GB2

Old Member
Dennis, website design is not my forte so I'm only going to say that generally I think it's great, and it suits your line of products and services. I would like to know a little about the technical end of how you are creating and going live with this website. What software, services are you using?

Jillbeans

I have no room to talk because I have a crappy GoDaddy site.
But it seems really busy to me, real "instant sign shop" looking not elite.
Takes awhile to load for me.
You know I love you, Dennis.
Love....Jill

D&Tgraphics

Excellent, Thanks for the ideas.
Supergirl, great observations. I did fix some of those. I unbolded the menu items, I switched the main font to a sans serif and added spacing, I removed the underlines on the bottom links. I softened the background, turned down the opacity. I don't see getting rid of it as an option right now, that would cause a major fight with me and my partner and it's not worth it. :omg:
I am going to look into the load time issue. I might need to make all my visual elements a little smaller file size or something. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks.
And Jill, I love you too. :loveya:

skyhigh

It may be a little busy, but all the services you offer (tabs...whatever you call em) are easy to spot, and I didn't have to "hunt" to find anything......so......I think the "busy" is just fine and a matter of taste.

All in all, I think its great. Considering all the services you offer on the home page, and the ease of finding them......

A- is my grade.

ps. And the work is great also.
And like jill said......we love ya man.

edit.....ohhhh, and I don't have any lag time in loading (I do have super fast internet speed tho)

nikdoobs

I can't figure out how to work the live chat. I really want to talk to that cute blond in the pic.:Big Laugh

D&Tgraphics

nikdoobs, LOL. I wish she was here to talk to also.:wink: I mentioned in the opening post that the live chat was not active yet. :smile:

Thanks for the kind words John (skyhigh). I don't want to start a lovefest here so I'll keep it at that. :Big Laugh

AceSignsOnline

D&T, is this a customized WordPress? I've noticed that a lot of sites, even those hosted by the "big boys", are using a WordPress. Seems ideal. Doesn't get much simpler to update after the initial PHP work has been taken care of.

Supergirl

Excellent, Thanks for the ideas.
Supergirl, great observations. I did fix some of those. I unbolded the menu items, I switched the main font to a sans serif and added spacing, I removed the underlines on the bottom links. I softened the background, turned down the opacity. I don't see getting rid of it as an option right now, that would cause a major fight with me and my partner and it's not worth it. :omg:
I am going to look into the load time issue. I might need to make all my visual elements a little smaller file size or something. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks.
And Jill, I love you too. :loveya:

It looks a lot better!!! Nice job!

I would unbold the name and address at the top too :D

try if you can darken the background, like ace suggested (if it has to stay) and have it move with the page.
and/or fill the background by the logo.

i think it looks a lot better, honestly!

WCSign

It looks a lot better!!! Nice job!

I would unbold the name and address at the top too :D

try if you can darken the background, like ace suggested (if it has to stay) and have it move with the page.
and/or fill the background by the logo.

i think it looks a lot better, honestly!

Supergirl hit the nail on the head with everything

Whats up with the weird URLS?

CES020

If that girl in the online chat is Jay , I'm going to stop phoning my orders in and start driving there instead :)

bttweb

There's a member here wraps.pro that I think set the standards for web design done correctly. Maybe take a cue from them

Www.wraps.pro

If only they registered the prowraps.com As well