Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Website

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Kevin-shopVOX, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    We have recently launched our much needed new site. If anyone has any feedback that want to provide it is welcome and appreciated. We tried to consider all the gripes we've gotten in the past about our site. I personally think it's a breath of fresh air.

www.signvox.com

Again if anyone wants to know more about the product just let me know.

Have a good one.

Tags:
  2. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Looks great understandable

3. :thumb:

Did you guys do it yourself?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  4. Kevin-shopVOX

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    We did. Lots o work.

5. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Looks good.

Creating something like SignVox, you would hope you guys would have the skill to design your own webpage.

Glad you found the time, hope it works out for you.

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    At first glance it looks like a big improvement. Though there are too many call for actions on the landing page. The decision on what to click next should be SUPER OBVIOUS to the visitor.

I would A/B test what you have now against a simple big button (and do multivariate testing on the button color) that says TAKE THE TOUR, without videos/webinar/pricing.

My gut tells me that would get more clicks then the four button options combined. Good use of social proof though, and the navigation is pretty flat. However you have mystery navigation on some of your sub-pages. If I go to to Tour I'm not sure it's clear enough that the icons on the left are navigation items. I would put them into a sub-menu up top under the main nav.

You're also missing meta descriptions (don't bother with keywords) and your backlink profile needs a ton of work. You can optimize on-page seo and UX until the cows come home but without some serious (quality) backlink building you won't get good SERP results.

7. Kevin-shopVOX

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    Thanks for the feedback.