Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New windows

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by S'N'S, Jan 17, 2010.

1. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    Grabbed from another thread;
    Fred said" No idea what plate glass is like in your area, but around here we get a fair share that doesn't like adhesives and acts like silicone release paper. Nothing really works well to improve it including cleaning, scrubbing and wiping with a variety of solvents that are sure to shorten your life. With glass like this, the best solution is to apply dry because your initial adhesion is marginal anyway ... although it does improve over time."

I had to do an install on a new shop window and after cleaning the window thoroughly, I tried to place the graphic on the window but the masking tape wouldn't stick. I tried different tapes and even some scrap vinyl, nothing would stick. So, I re-cleaned the window again and made no real difference.
    What are they coating the glass with now and has anyone found what will remove it.
    Cheers Gary

Tags:
  2. StopSignGraphics

StopSignGraphics Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I don't know if this will will work on glass but cleaning some surfaces with vinegar can improve adhesion.

3. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Vinegar and Bon Ami cleanser.

Just stand back from the smell.