• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New wrap for shop truck

TimToad

Hey all, I just took over this shop I bought and have an existing older Ranger that's showing some age, but the body is still clean. The business purchase didn't include the existing truck, so mine is being pressed into duty.

The logo is existing and aside from a few color modifications and minor tweaks, I'm not going to change it for at least a year.
Have at it. Ranger Small.jpg

Attachments

• Ranger Small.jpg
    Ranger Small.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Ranger Small.jpg
    Ranger Small.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 108

S'N'S

Sorry but I don't like the business name on an angle and the back bit looks like it's for a tiler.

SignStudent

Scratch it and start over. Too many things wrong to point them all out individually.

I know you don't want to change the logo for a while but that would be the first place to start. Without a strong brand the wrap will be ineffective. I took over a shop myself and immediately changed the logo, never regretting it.

phototec

Yea, the logo is BAD, and I would change it sooner than later.

The background graphic does remind me of a TILE FLOOR, so my first impression is that it is a tile business.

Remember, whatever design you use on the truck, will reflect on your business and what kind of design work your customers can expect from you!

Let me give you a little advice, unless you are open minded and can handle corrective criticism from people on here with lots of experience, and know what they are talking about, don't ask for help and then do what you want anyway. Because if that's the case, just go do whatever you want and don't waste our time....

Good luck with your NEW business...:thumb:

player

This business is crazy. There are so many sign businesses in the business of designing and branding, and they have no idea about which end is up.

phototec

This business is crazy. There are so many sign businesses in the business of designing and branding, and they have no idea about which end is up.

Yep, they just buy Corel and they are now Graphic Designers just because they have the software.....

Actually, many that purchase a starter vinyl cutter package with software from ebay also join the designers club.....:omg:

TimToad

I don't know how to break it to some of you pinheads, but I have been in this "business" since January of 1980. My work and some of my environmental graphic design work has won awards.

I was featured in Signs of the Times all the way back in 1981 before some of you were even born. I was an integral part of the Chicago Letterhead movement and the 1985 national meet there at the ripe age of 24.

Lumping me in with the uneducated, newbie buyers of insty sign shops is both inaccurate and just mean for the sake of stepping on someone else's neck to feel more powerful yourself.

Saying "have at it" did not mean sharpen the knives. From what I've seen of much of this website, being respectful, collegial and offering "constructive" criticism is a talent many still need to learn.

All that being said, I've learned my lesson on what to expect.

gnemmas

This is why we don't do wraps, we are just not qualified both in design and installation.

You make the matter worse, mentioning your vast experience and achievement.

People jump into conclusion by your design, it shout out as newbie...

Remove the background, level your logo, I think it will be simple and professional looking.

Marlene

I don't know how to break it to some of you pinheads, but I have been in this "business" since January of 1980. My work and some of my environmental graphic design work has won awards.

I was featured in Signs of the Times all the way back in 1981 before some of you were even born. I was an integral part of the Chicago Letterhead movement and the 1985 national meet there at the ripe age of 24.

then shame on you for not knowing this is a bad layout and design.

Marlene

bob would win hands down as he is our best snarky member and can dish out the insults in words most have to look up to see what they mean.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Cracks me up when people look for critique/input and then cry to us when it isn't what they wanna hear.
I know bad design when I see it, even if I did it. Do something else, then come back to your design and look at it as if you'd never seen it before. You'll change your mind, I guarantee it.

Signed Out

Love the business name, it is similar to ours... Here is one of our shop trucks, reflective vinyl. Logo was designed by Jill, she's great.
asg truck.jpg
asg truck nite.jpg

I would agree, your layout looks kind of like a tile company until you read the fine print. We do wraps, but I feel that our simple truck layout is more effective than any of the wrap concepts we have monkeyed around with. So we keep it simple.

C

ColoPrinthead

The bed of the truck is selling me on the Mattress Soccer League.

gnatt66

you got trashed cause your design was sketchy and your post count was low. i cant fix your design, but i dont think it accomplishes much. the logo your are clinging to doesnt work like this. if your credentials are as they were stated you shouldnt need to be told to redo it. ****...i'm 3 years out of the basement and i knew enough to have Jill design mine.

DesireeM

I don't know how to break it to YOU but 1985?? The game has changed my man. Maybe the problem is you didn't change with it.

From what I've seen of much of this website, being respectful, collegial and offering "constructive" criticism is a talent many still need to learn.

If you knew what to expect then why even bother posting? You may not like what people are saying or THE WAY they are saying it but that's life. And they are just being honest...in their own way. They don't know or care about you personally. You'll get a mix of constructive, rude, mean, brutal honesty, polite honesty, sarcasm and so on. Just accept that. Take what you want from each and then move on.

phototec

Lumping me in with the uneducated, newbie buyers of insty sign shops is both inaccurate and just mean for the sake of stepping on someone else's neck to feel more powerful yourself.

Saying "have at it" did not mean sharpen the knives. From what I've seen of much of this website, being respectful, collegial and offering "constructive" criticism is a talent many still need to learn.

All that being said, I've learned my lesson on what to expect.

I have been in the business a little longer than you, hand lettered my first show cards back in 1967 for car shows and hand lettered my fist 18 wheeler trailers back in 1974 before there were any PC's.

Well now, if you are so awesome and experienced, why are you keeping that horrible OLD logo even one minute after you purchased the business, have you learned nothing in all those years?

If you so experienced in the design field why does your sign shop truck wrap design look bad like floor tiles or soccer balls and NOT getting praise from others here?

This should tell you something, maybe you are the PIN HEAD, or just had you head buried in the sand the last 34 years.

Please put all your vast design skills to work and produce an award WINNING, eye catching, meaningful truck wrap that will set you apart from all the uneducated, newbie buyers of insty sign shop owners!

Remember, Talk is CHEAP, and ACTION speaks louder than words ------ Waiting! :covereyes: